Jestersix

Romberg Tiburon Center-Tour, Barbecue, & Gear Swap - July 14th - 12:00PM Noon

JAR said:
Crabby said:
We've just set up a large coral flat (8' X 4') and can accommodate your corals if you want to bring them. I have some pieces of frogspawn/hammer and birdsnest available too.

Seriously?
That is awesome!
I will bring stuff if you want.
I need to chop some stuff back.
My monti's are getting out of hand.

OK it's a deal! I need to chop back too...maybe you'll see something you want in the display.

Crabby said:
We've just set up a large coral flat (8' X 4') and can accommodate your corals if you want to bring them. I have some pieces of frogspawn/hammer and birdsnest available too.

I'll bring you some stuff too!

I might be out, the curse of Tiburon continues! I got a really bad sore throat on my birthday (Monday) and while the throat feels better everything else devolved into flu soup or something... we'll see how I feel tomorrow

Mike - hope you feel better. It could be the ghost of RTC - the one that is always causing 1000gallons of water to disappear overnight (it's happened inexplicably many times!).

hahaha... I'm feeling better now (soup and all that rot) also actually working in the greenhouse, so maybe I can sweat it out... I'll know by tomorrow morning though, I'm still hopefully planning to come but not too hard as I don't want the curse to come back at me all weekend!

I had some stuff come up at work tomorrow so I won't be able to make it. Sorry for the late notice. If there is a waitlist of people wanting to go, please give someone my spot.

Many thanks to Jonathan for the tour and the space for us to gather. My compliments to chef Houser. My apologies for not bringing any food items. And the clown tang rocks!

A great day for a barbecue, tour, swap, & hanging out. Big thanks to RTC & Jonathan for the hospitality.

Here's some pics:

63075682.jpg

1d864719.jpg

aa3bea00.jpg

c28abd3a.jpg

Glad you all had fun, and it was my pleasure to show you around RTC! Be sure to come back for Discovery Day on Oct 21 when all the science we do at RTC will be on display.

Crabby said:
Glad you all had fun, and it was my pleasure to show you around RTC! Be sure to come back for Discovery Day on Oct 21 when all the science we do at RTC will be on display.

Thanks for hosting Crabby! It was really fascinating!

We will definitely come back for Discovery Day!

Double down on the thank you!! great food, great company - very, very cool tour. My son was amped all the way home = thanks for the generous gifting of coral. It is all happy in its new home. We will return on 10/21 for certain!

Huge thanks to Gimmito for organizing and Crabby for hosting. RTC is a neat place for sure. Jim I'll cook with ya anyday! Crabby you have a beautiful display tank. I love how it is in stark contrast with the vast surroundings of that building.
And I spent some time staring at that clown tang myself. Beautiful.

Yes, thanks to Jim, Dave, and Jonathan for all your work and everyone else that pitched in. Excellent day. Please make sure to remind us about the open house in Oct.

Back