Neptune Aquatics

RTNing

Sorry I wasn't clear, yes the Salinity, it's a little cloudy when I pump it into the tanks, but much less so than the old SeaChem Reef that would be like milk and take forever to clear up in the tank.

I've been forced to switch salts many, many times, I mean MANY times and aside from having to tweak levels I've never had a tank flip out from the difference. The only reason I am really super jazzed on Salinity is the batch testing, I got sick of having to test every bucket of salt I buy because there's apparently no QC going on at that one place where salt magically appears :D

I think I can pull off a 60 gal water change today . all the RTNing pieces should be in open air for about 10 min max . I wonder how that will play into this whole thing. I think it will be just another thing to make guesses about . GRRRRRRRRR

It looks like the RTNing has stopped or slowed to a crawl .

I have done 2 45 gal. water changes back to back . I have a total vol. of about 115gal. . I cut all "infected" corals back to good tissue . I treated them as if they had an infection and never let the good pieces touch the "infected" pieces I cut off . I dipped all good cuttings in revive before putting them back in my tank .

all together I think it will be alright . I do however have a 2gal bucket mounded over the top with bodies of the dead . I guess I got the room in my tank I was looking for after all.

Back