Kessil

Sad day yesterday.

Just wanted a place to vent. I was very stupid and forgot to add top off water into my top off tank which I use to also add kalk to my 24g nanocube. I guess you all know where this is going... Well the water got to the bottom of the tank with all the kalk that did not dissolve at the bottom and sprayed a ton of it into my tank. When i got home form work last night, my tank was covered in the stuff. Milky water as well as small chunks floating around. I proceeded to do water changes and used a turkey baster to blow the grunge off my corals. Then all I could do was hope for the best. Before leaving for work this morning I took a flashlight to the tank. All of the SPS in the tank had almost completely RTNed. Lost a blue Tyree Mille, as well as a few other milles, a dolphin blue bottle brush which was my favorite SPS, as well as a CA blue tort. All of the fish as well as the zoas and rics were fine. Guess that teaches me the lesson not to be such an idiot and check the top off more regularly. Or setup a top off for the top off tank, haha.

Well tanks for listening to me vent. Time to start SPS shopping again, although I might have to wait till after Xmas. If anyone has a frag of the dolphin blue bottobrush, i would love to buy it form you. Dolphin isnt selling any of thiers right now. Thanks

Oh that's totally suck man... I have an extra table acro frag that you can have if the one I gave you a goner. Hopefully the bright yellow acro is OK. At least the rics are OK.

Yeah I've been contemplating a larger tank. Just dont have the funds. On CL they had listed a 150g tru vu tank with stand for $125. I jumped on it and drove to fremont in rush hour traffic to try to take advantage of it, but turns out the guy knew nothing about tanks and it was actually a 55g. I was not happy driving back home.

Phong, none of the SPS made it. including the yellow or the table. The table was really looking up too. The chucnk yo gave me had gotten much taller. Now if someone has one of those bright yellows left, I wouldnt mind a frag of that either.

:(

Let me know when you ready to put the stuff back in the tank. I'm transfering the stuff to the 29G. Do you like Cap?? I have bright green and orange :) ...

Thanks Phong. When it is big enough, I would love a frag.

I should be able to start stocking again by next week. Going to be doing a 5g water change a day for the next few days. Until then, everything will go in my 30g softie tank for now.

Nnot into caps. Well actually I do like them. But in a 24g cube, caps take up too much space. I can maximize my real estate with sticks for now before I can afford to upgrade or find a good deal on a tank to upgrade to. Kinda like a growout tank for now.

Hey jedininja,
Sorry to hear about the loss. But I was just curious about your nanocube. Did you take off the top so you can have MH over your SPS?

Yeah, I actually bought one from someone who had fried thier hood by trying to upgrade it. So I bought the tank by itself for a great price without the hood, made a few overflow mods so it can handle more flow and added a 150w MH hood with a phoenix 14k bulb and some PCs.

OK.. I will bring it over when I come to your house next week.

I love cap ... I'm gonna have a bunch in my 29G :D .. When it out grow, it can go in my 100G.

Man that's hard. I hate it when I space something that seems trivial but turns out to be disasterous.

Onward and upward I guess. Good luck with your new tank. I hope you get a bunch of frags for the holidays.

J

If I just hadn't treated for red bugs, I'd offer you some SPS frags :d Gimme a few weeks, and I'll hook you up.

That'd be awesome Gresham. I'd really appreciate it.

jona, yeah i know what you mean. I feel sooo stupid. Well I want a new tank, but my budget says not yet. Unless I can find a good deal somewhere.

Jedininja,

Sorry to hear that about your tank. I had a crash myself because I didn't check my ACII.

I hope everything gets better for you. Al G Blenny has a 180 gallon tank with stand and canopy for sale.

LOL. Very funny Jim. I dont think I need to start one, I am pretty sure I can find one started on RC by "him" already. So not actually looking for cheapest frags, but I am definatly looking for a frag of the Dolphin blue bottlebrush if anyone has one or knows where I can get one! Thats my favorite SPS, but Dolphin doesnt have any available right now.

But if anyone is looking for a deal on frags, the new guy running SPS has some good prices. He's moving more towards fish so his SPS frag prices are great.

Back