Neptune Aquatics

Sadness

Thales

Past President
Got home last night and the tank was white with pH of 10.5.

I did a water change and added vinegar (like half a gallon) to bring the pH down - I have no idea if those were a good idea or not, but it seemed better than doing nothing. I also added a big sock of carbon.

Initially, I thought only two picasso's and a potters are still alive. However, after getting the pH under control one clown I swore was dead is up and swimming. All the snails appear to be dead or twitching. Many white sps.

I love this hobby?

I did about 40% last night and 40% this morning. Still cloudy. I suspect its all the dead and dying stuff as well as a bacteria bloom from all the vinegar.

Lots of white sticks and dead fish.

Doing a 150 gallon water change tonight.

This was my fault, not the fault of equipment. I added Kalk, didn't mix it, and it topped off right into the system for several hours. In the future, I will be turning off the ATO for several hours after charging the kalk reactor, as well as adding a ph controller on the pump.

Ahhhhh, so sorry to hear that Rich :(
But your tank will come back and look even better than it did before! Keep us posted

Sorry bro!!! I can only imagine the time, effort and money you had into that tank!!!! Hope your recovery goes well!!!! Everybody here is here to help!

Back