Neptune Aquatics

Salt

Hey guys what are you using now a days for salt. I just finished up the 1-1/2 pallet order I did a few years ago of aquavitro salinity. It's a decent salt but a pain to mix up. I used to buy from a guy out of south San Francisco but it looks like he is no longer around. Where can I find a deal for 1 - 1-1/2 pallets of salt and what brand should I go with? Thanks

I have always had salinity mix up cloudy. No mater how fast or slow I add it. I mix it up in 900 gallon batches and it just never seems to clear up even if I leave it for a week. I think I am up for trying something different. Anyone know a place to get a good price on 24-36 buckets? Thanks.

I never saw any instant ocean on my tour. What I did see was pallets full of 50 lb. regular mortons salt bags. They had a list with quantities of each element to add too.

I used Fritz's at Robert's recommedation for 175g, and it was great. I just switched to tropic marin pro, but it leaves a bit of a residue and takes longer to mix together. I liked Fritz's better, but still not sure which is better for ZV at this point.

I have always had salinity mix up cloudy. No mater how fast or slow I add it. I mix it up in 900 gallon batches and it just never seems to clear up even if I leave it for a week. I think I am up for trying something different. Anyone know a place to get a good price on 24-36 buckets? Thanks.
I believe it mixes best with cold water. Any chance you had warm water you were mixing it into?

There were pictures at one time where Apon was sitting on I/O bags. They may have swiched ? But I use I/O and dose 3 part to compensate. I/O mixes easily and u can fine cheap on sale occasionally.

Me: I use instant ocean, slightly tweaked with a bit more Mg.
Generally get the 200G box for $40 on Amazon prime. Free shipping.

Not sure buying a pallet is the best plan unless you use a LOT. Salt itself will not go bad of course.
But any moisture can cause trouble with the other ingredients over time.

I used Microbe lift for over a year and loved it. Until they stopped making it. I switched to Reef Crystals to get me through until the new Microbe lift came out. Reef Crystals have been great, and I decided to stick with it. Cheap, mixes well and the corals seem just as happy. Holds about 9dkh after a few days of mixing and seems to have a decent amount of mag.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Instant Ocean from Dr. Foster Smith. Sometimes they have extra discounts, gift certificates, free t-shirt in addition to low price and free shipping.

I bring down the Alk with Muratic Acid, and increase Ca and Mag with dosing. I haven't used any other salt, but it's been working for my SPS just fine for many years.

Most will say Instant Ocean is also the cheapest solution, which is a plus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back