Cali Kid Corals

saltwatersig's tank

Sergio,

where do you put the setosa in your tank? Is it pretty high up or it prefers lower light? Really love the color of this coral. Just curious what kind of bulb do you use?

Bluetang Ron

I want to thank you for setting a BAR (pun intented) that I cannot reach. My wife was looking over my neck while I read this and said "how come OUR (that part killed me as she won't even feed the fish nori) tank doesn't look like that. I guess the plus side is it gives me license to spend some extra cash on the tank to try and mimic what you can do.

Bluetang2000, i have my setosa mini colony in the lower 3rd of my tank but the frags where up high on frag racks, I am currently running 2 250de 20k helios and 4 54watt t5's.

Roc .....at least your wife likes the hobby, my wife hates my tank (stares at it as if it where my mistress) ;D . all kidding aside it takes alot of dedicated time and effort to make sure parameters are as stable as can be, but i love this hobby.

I know exactly what you mean Sergio, my wife couldn't care less about my tank either. If I am not home by 4pm from the Swap meeting on Valentines day I will be in a lot of trouble!!! ;D

Bluetang2000 ....i would acclimate it everything you put in your tank , better safe than bleached out and sorry.

Alve , i still got to break the whole valentines day swap to her ::) but I too will let her know that I'll be home by 4:00 pm ( I hope I don't hit traffic , lol )

Sergio,

I saw your tank pic since 11/05 and its funny how much an individual progresses in this hobby. As your tank went through the stages so did all of the equipment. I was reading your equipment now and compared it to what I can see on 2005 pic. Beatiful tank =)

Island.....yeah it was a long and expensive uphill climb. things i would have done differently , buy used rr tank, buy good quality skimmer, get good quality pumps (both as returns and for water movement. i could have saved a bundle ...instead of acumilating a bunch of crap equipment. i guess at the time i thought i was saving money (little did i know)

updated pics as of tonight

IMG_6119.jpg

IMG_6120.jpg

IMG_6121.jpg

IMG_6122.jpg

IMG_6123.jpg

fts

IMG_6136.jpg

[quote author=saltwatersig link=topic=4557.msg69994#msg69994 date=1229483785]
Island.....yeah it was a long and expensive uphill climb. things i would have done differently , buy used rr tank, buy good quality skimmer, get good quality pumps (both as returns and for water movement. i could have saved a bundle ...instead of acumilating a bunch of crap equipment. i guess at the time i thought i was saving money (little did i know)

[/quote]

I feel you. I think everyone (80%) of individuals go that route in trying to spend the least amount of money when they first get into it (unless you had the money to spend, not me I was just out of colllege). But the longer your in the hobby quality equipment plays a vital role. I would have never imagined 7 years ago spending $90 on one radium bulb (even though radiums weren't out yet) or even $500-$800 on a skimmer (even though I want to upgrade again). Ha,ha,ha what we do for the hobby!

Phong thats why i need your 12g nano....I'll put the clam in it :)

Jay I think its probably that when the mantle is fully expand. eventually i'm gonna need to part ways with it due to size restrictions :(

bigger tank , yeah right! I'm better off putting that clam on the bbq with a little butter/garlic/salsa combo on it.

Phong, if i put it in at an angle and stand it on one end ;D

Back