High Tide Aquatics

saltwatersig's tank

[quote author=saltwatersig link=topic=4557.msg79886#msg79886 date=1234242565]
I should have stuck with this one Patrick >:( lol
[/quote]

haha...there you go...a smiley with a trace of testosterone...

here are a few pictures of my sons nano , he changed things up a little

IMG_6619.jpg

IMG_6620.jpg

IMG_6622.jpg

IMG_6627.jpg

IMG_6635.jpg

IMG_6636.jpg

As I'm waiting for the thread to load, I'm thinking I hope this is his son's tank.

Looks great! What's the giant green thing? That chalice is sexy!

[quote author=saltwatersig link=topic=4557.msg82458#msg82458 date=1235002733]
its a 12 gallon
[/quote]

Wow, does he hand supplement or is it auto? What kind of lights?

As far as I know, He adds calcium manually and does weekly water changes. He's running 70watt sunpod fixture w/20k bulb.

We used to have a sapphire nano skimmer when he tried sps but opted to just deal with the water changes ....ooops , almost forgot he also has a micro chiller on it.

Congratulations to Sergio Jr. :) Makes me want to change from SPS to LPS in my nano. :D

Does he find the chiller to be necessary? I have the 70 watt, but mine needs a heater! Maybe because I only run the lights at night?

Oh yeah, without the chiller tank temps rise above 86F in the summer . probably does'nt help that his room window faces southernly and gets all the afternoon sun :(

hey serg, thanks for having me over and for all the advice. your tank is even better in person! i have something to aspire to and will work on adding more flow. after that, i will try the prodibio products and will contact you again for advice.

i'll keep a frag of some fast growing tubs blue for you and will pass it to you when we meet up next. maybe the may bod meeting? lata man!

Sergio - Thanks again for letting us come by to see yours and your son's tanks...especially since it was on a week nite! Very impressive tanks and fun chatting about reefing! If any of you are out in the east bay, I highly reccommend trying to set something up with Sergio to see them. His corals doesn't even look like he took frags for the swap...the growth and colors are awesome. You gotta see his chalice racks too. (Yes...I'm very jealous). ;D

Jeff, its allright....I had a Euroreef prior and loved the fact that I would just adjust the neck riser and thats it. I replaced impeller on it once and it continued to work like a champ. The reason I switched was due to it being undersized and the larger rated Euroreefs would not fit in my allocated skimmer space 10" x 10". The ATI BM160 has a very sensative mesh pump that periodically stops and I have to shake skimmer
until it starts up agian. Not sure if it matters but the Euroreef seemed to put out darker and thicker skimmate than the ATI BM160.

The skimmer adjustment is very touchy , It can either overskim or not skim at all if not adjusted just right.

Sergio

Thanks Sergio... I ask because I'm checking out the bubble masters right now. I have a modded ASM G3 right now that is working ok for me but I'm interested in getting a much better skimmer for my set up that I'll be happy with long term. I have a limited sump space to put a skimmer and the Bubble masters 150, 200 and 250 all work for me. I'm considering the BM200 or BM250 right now as well as the Deltec APF600 as well. There is always so many conflicting opinions and experiences on these guys it makes my head spin! Thanks for the feedback on the 160... have you had any experience with the newer/bigger models?

Back