Cali Kid Corals

saltwatersig's tank

[quote author=zambavi link=topic=4557.msg84954#msg84954 date=1235717665]
Thanks Sergio... I ask because I'm checking out the bubble masters right now. I have a modded ASM G3 right now that is working ok for me but I'm interested in getting a much better skimmer for my set up that I'll be happy with long term. I have a limited sump space to put a skimmer and the Bubble masters 150, 200 and 250 all work for me. I'm considering the BM200 or BM250 right now as well as the Deltec APF600 as well. There is always so many conflicting opinions and experiences on these guys it makes my head spin! Thanks for the feedback on the 160... have you had any experience with the newer/bigger models?
[/quote]

Jeff...I run two BM250s in the shop. All I can say is that I have a love and hate relationship with them. I love them becuase they are super efficient for what they're rated for. But, I hate them equally well becuase of the pump start-up issue. I've tried modding the mesh wheel a bit better but so far have no possitive result. For me, the only way to start the pump is to temporarily plug the intake of the pump with my finger until it gets going and then slowly removing my finger. This can get pretty annoying when you need to clean the cup several times a week. However, I've learned to just clean the cup in-situ without cutting power to the pump simply becuase I don't feel like jamming my little finger into a spinning impeller...lol.

Hope this helps with your decision making process.

here are a few pics after I put corals back into my display tank ( after trying to kill them all in revive :( ) , I fortunately had quite a few frags on my frag racks to fill some of the dead zones but i could not have done it without the help of you fellow reefers that helped me regain most of my lost corals. Thanks again for all who supported me both mentally and by giving me such precious frags. I think of this club as family, we seem to all pull together at one time or another to help out fellow reefers in need :)

IMG_6856.jpg

IMG_6857.jpg

IMG_6858.jpg

IMG_6877.jpg

IMG_6879.jpg

IMG_6881.jpg

IMG_6884.jpg

IMG_6888.jpg

IMG_6891.jpg

IMG_6892.jpg

IMG_6899.jpg

IMG_6901.jpg

IMG_6894.jpg

I am having Deja vue...

Oh wait, I did see this, just a couple hrs ago. :D Thanks again Sergio for letting us come over to see your STILL incredibly beautiful tank, and tell Sergio Jr. thanks too. There were more questions I could have asked, but had to get the kids and hubby home...you know how that goes. ;D

come on Ed.....your lucky I call it a chalice (I suck with names of corals), picked it up from another reefer and I don't remember what he said it's name was :(

Your tank is sooooo nice man, everytime I look at your thread I start fiddling around in my tank and pissing my wife off............rofl

Back