High Tide Aquatics

Saturday, August 11th BAR Members swap

Ok, here's the format:
Must have been a paid member as of June 9 2007 and bring 2 different captive grown frags to participate in the picking, though all BAR members are invited to attend.
No buy-in's.
No rare group.
Soda will be provided but you may want to bring a snack.
This event begins at 1pm and check-in for the picking ends at 12:45.
If you're late, you may not get to pick so please plan accordingly.
Now....
SWAP ON!!!!!-Jim

Went coral shopping for the swap yesterday and in addition to the cultured frags which have been ordered for the swap, I acquired the following colonies:
2 pink eye montastrea, should yield 25 frags
blue plate micro, 20 frags
pokerstar monti, 15 frags
tricolor acro, 8 frags
purple stag, 15 frags
deepwater acro, 10 frags
monti mollis-orange, 12 frags
green/ red favites, 35 frags
pink/purple chalice, 20 frags
acan lord, 15 frags
blasto merletti, 25 frags
grn/orange b. wellsi, 20 frags
acan lord, 30 frags
or. acan lord, 15 frags
zoos, 45 frags
unknown fungiid, 12 anthocaulli (frags)
Pics soon
That's the wild stuff, captive raised will be in shortly.
Who loves ya baby?
Thanks to ASAP, Atlantis and Aquatic Collection for making it a fun shopping day.

[quote author=LordHelmet link=topic=2141.msg22192#msg22192 date=1185389338]
:eek:
[/quote]
Yes, it's another one of "those" types of meetings...

Jesus Jim, I was thinking I was going to bring a wide range of items for everyone (aka tank cleaning time :D) and wouldn't really want anything, however I see quite a few items on that list that I wouldn't mind having either.

BAR family memberships entitle you to 2 positions at the swap, assuming all other requirements are met.
Membership must have been current as of June 9th, 2007.
Each participating family member must meet the requirement of bringing 2 different frags in order to participate.
These could be the same 2 different frags as the other family member.
Does that make sense?

[quote author=capescuba link=topic=2141.msg22212#msg22212 date=1185403595]
Just remember us "Softies" and LPS folks Jim ;)
[/quote]
Well, I think the LPS folks will be happy. I'm working on the softie part but it's a bit difficult to find good softies (and even more difficult to get in the mood to frag and mount them-yuck!) There should be zoos and shrooms aplenty though since Norm and I will be shopping NAA this evening.

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=2141.msg22209#msg22209 date=1185401895]
Jesus Jim, I was thinking I was going to bring a wide range of items for everyone (aka tank cleaning time :D) and wouldn't really want anything, however I see quite a few items on that list that I wouldn't mind having either.

[/quote]
Yes, but you're still distributing the 1st prop workshop acan which is good to see reappear from time to time.
That piece actually is beginning to acquire some lineage.

Yes, but you're still distributing the 1st prop workshop acan which is good to see reappear from time to time.
That piece actually is beginning to acquire some lineage.

Yes that piece turned into quite a nice item, it still has the dark brown in it, but the orange that popped out (without any special lighting.. i.e. actinics) with a mix of greens (if you use a macro lens and see it in super vision :D).

Don't worry dave, I'll be be bringing a good number of softies and LPS as well, 10-15 green polyped finger leather (not toadstool oooooooOOHhhhhOOOooh ;)), frags, as well an assortment of acans to add to the list of what Jim already mentioned... and btw, most of that list is LPS/Softies!

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=2141.msg22224#msg22224 date=1185410630]
Don't worry dave, I'll be be bringing a good number of softies and LPS as well, 10-15 green polyped finger leather (not toadstool oooooooOOHhhhhOOOooh ;)), frags[/quote]

I want one of those! I like finger leather. Even better with a cool color :D

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=2141.msg22224#msg22224 date=1185410630]

... and btw, most of that list is LPS/Softies!

[/quote]

I just homed in on "Acro", it seemed to jump out at me and whack me - just like a, well, a stick ;)

I am looking forward to this event! Hopefully it will be a little less chaotic on the production front so even the BOD and other helpers can enjoy it a lot more :D

so, if i pay my renewal now, can I still attend and trade? or am i way past due?

this will be my first meeting on 2 years, and I do have some stuff to trade, but I want to know if im elegible...

thanks

WOW!

I was planning to just bring frags and just help out (you know how fun it is to ask Norman tough questions after he has been up fragging for 24 hours strait)... but now that Jim has twisted my arm with that list, it looks like I will be picking too. Thanks Jim! ;)

C

I've got some Ricordia, both Yuma and Florida that I'll bring. I'll also have some blue Cespitularia. All of my SPS is still too small to frag aside from digitata. I wish that Setosa I got from Norm (thanks again Norm) would hurry up and get growing!
-K

[quote author=jmc74 link=topic=2141.msg22228#msg22228 date=1185427629]
so, if i pay my renewal now, can I still attend and trade? or am i way past due?

this will be my first meeting on 2 years, and I do have some stuff to trade, but I want to know if im elegible...

thanks
[/quote]

The way it works is that members as of June 9th can participate in the actual swap.

If your membership is paid up only after June 9th, you can still attend, help out, hang out with everybody, and even set up side trades with fellow members, but the main focus will be on the actual swap event.

[quote author=bookfish link=topic=2141.msg21209#msg21209 date=1181627824]
On Saturday, August 11th, BAR will have a BAR Members Coral Swap. All Bar members are welcome to attend this event but
only BAR members who had current BAR memberships (dues paid) as of June 9th 2007 may participate in the swap.[/quote]

If you do decide to renew, you *will* be eligible for members only events coming up after this one! :D

Back