Reef nutrition

Saturday, August 11th BAR Members swap

Just a friendly reminder, since there seems to be some confusions going on as well, an important requirement we don't want people to glaze over.

BAR members who had current BAR memberships (dues paid) as of June 9th 2007 may participate in the swap.

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=2141.msg22237#msg22237 date=1185463589]
Just a friendly reminder, since there seems to be some confusions going on as well, an important requirement we don't want people to glaze over.

BAR members who had current BAR memberships (dues paid) as of June 9th 2007 may participate in the swap.

[/quote]

I beleive my next payment is due next year?

[quote author=Elite link=topic=2141.msg22203#msg22203 date=1185395784]
You guys have to wait until I shut down my tanks to have swap like this .. Not cool :(

;D
[/quote]

Phong, one of the reason we do this is to get you to fire your tank back up :D :D

Rhaey I wasn't poking that comment of mine at you directly btw, I was simply restating something since this thread has gotten 3 pages long and you'd be surprised how many people read the "SWAP" part but neglect the other stuff :) We have a few at the last swap that showed up and seemed a bit surprised they couldn't join the day of the swap, even though it was specifically outlined in the announcement.

[quote author=jmc74 link=topic=2141.msg22265#msg22265 date=1185472458]
ok, my payment has been sent...
[/quote]
Thank You.
It's always appreciated when people keep their membership current.

[quote author=LordHelmet link=topic=2141.msg22266#msg22266 date=1185474775]
thats why you just pay 20 bucks every year and it will pay off for 5 years if you go to 1 of these events.
[/quote]
I think that's a good point, and also that BAR is very propagation oriented and your club dues are used to further that part of our mission. BAR has a history of distributing to its members both captive propagated and wild but appropriate for propagation corals. The DBTC program and the propagation workshops are good examples of this.

One of the pieces I'm excited to get the club propping is a gold mouth, electric green fungiid.
Looks a lot like this
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1169345
There should be at least 12 "frags" available at the swap.

But, based on the size of the parent skeleton, these get at least dinner plate sized so they'll probably want lots of space and food (like most fungiids). I think these may be Cycloseris cyclolites
http://www.wetwebmedia.com/fungiidae.htm

[quote author=LordHelmet link=topic=2141.msg22353#msg22353 date=1185566166]
is it possible to be more excited about this then i already am. this is gonna be amazing!
[/quote]
:D

Sorry about the meltdown Eric :(

[quote author=bookfish link=topic=2141.msg22190#msg22190 date=1185385033]
Went coral shopping for the swap yesterday and in addition to the cultured frags which have been ordered for the swap, I acquired the following colonies:
2 pink eye montastrea, should yield 25 frags
blue plate micro, 20 frags
Orange pavona maldivensis, 12 frags
pokerstar monti, 15 frags
tricolor acro, 8 frags
lg blue table acro, 25 frags
purple stag, 15 frags
deepwater acro, 10 frags
monti mollis-orange, 12 frags
green/ red favites, 35 frags
pink/purple chalice, 20 frags
acan lord, 15 frags
blasto merletti, 25 frags
grn/orange b. wellsi, 20 frags
acan lord, 30 frags
or. acan lord, 15 frags
zoos, 45 frags
unknown fungiid, 12 anthocaulli (frags)
Pics soon
That's already 250 frags of stuff the club is putting on the tables. Plus another 100+ still to be purchased.
Who loves ya baby?
Thanks to ASAP, Atlantis and Aquatic Collection for making it a fun shopping day.

[/quote]

Bookfish, will the containers be labeled so we will know what we are picking ??

Back