High Tide Aquatics

Saturday, August 11th BAR Members swap

LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO!!!
samplepicsmag360.jpg

samplepicsmag356.jpg

samplepicsmag355.jpg

samplepicsmag352.jpg

Shoot... I'm going to miss out on all the goodies this time. Darn wedding that I got to go to.

Oh wellz, there's always next time.

Even though I'm not going to make the swap, I have a bunch of monti cap frags that I want to give. I have a lot of green w/ purple rim monti frags that I created while moving. I also have a couple orange monti caps frags. Is there anyone in the SF area (preferably in the Sunset/Richmond area :) ) that I can give my frags to to bring to the swap?

[quote author=chem-e link=topic=2141.msg22522#msg22522 date=1186046006]
Shoot... I'm going to miss out on all the goodies this time. Darn wedding that I got to go to.

Oh wellz, there's always next time.
[/quote]

Yep, no worries. There's always another swap around the corner :D

[quote author=chem-e link=topic=2141.msg22522#msg22522 date=1186046006]Even though I'm not going to make the swap, I have a bunch of monti cap frags that I want to give. I have a lot of green w/ purple rim monti frags that I created while moving. I also have a couple orange monti caps frags. Is there anyone in the SF area (preferably in the Sunset/Richmond area :) ) that I can give my frags to to bring to the swap?
[/quote]

Now that's the kind of thing that makes BAR a cool club :D

It's great that we have such helpful non-selfish members. It's more about the people than the frags.

That said, remind me to bring some frags for you to the meeting after the swap!

[quote author=bookfish link=topic=2141.msg22520#msg22520 date=1186038530]
LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO!!![/quote]

Fragalicious! :D

[quote author=kinetic link=topic=2141.msg22521#msg22521 date=1186040857]
are those smooth ones the "deepwater"?
[/quote[quote author=kinetic link=topic=2141.msg22521#msg22521 date=1186040857]
are those smooth ones the "deepwater"?
[/quote]
Yup, haven't ID'd the species yet.

It is awesome to have so many cool frags to pick from. this is one reason Iàm cutting back on my trip in Switzerland- can not miss this swap. This is a great club! For the labeling, it would be nice to have a picture of the mother colony nearby the frags so we will know what the frag looks like. Last swap I was looking to see what coral was which but they were all stressed so I could not tell by the label or visual what it actually was and the colors it had.

[quote author=CookieJar link=topic=2141.msg22538#msg22538 date=1186069833]
It is awesome to have so many cool frags to pick from. this is one reason Iàm cutting back on my trip in Switzerland- can not miss this swap. This is a great club! For the labeling, it would be nice to have a picture of the mother colony nearby the frags so we will know what the frag looks like. Last swap I was looking to see what coral was which but they were all stressed so I could not tell by the label or visual what it actually was and the colors it had.
[/quote]
Thanks!
Being the tech savvy club that we are, each colony will have its own thread in the swap info forum. There will be pictures posted of each mother colony and also links to reference materials. I hope this makes it easier for people to choose animals appropriate to their setups. See you there!

new member here... what are the rules of the swap? my nano is under stock so i don't have stuff to bring to the swap, can i still come and buy? also, where and when? i know it's 8/11 but what time?

thx!

[quote author=dzhuo link=topic=2141.msg22554#msg22554 date=1186077492]
new member here... what are the rules of the swap? my nano is under stock so i don't have stuff to bring to the swap, can i still come and buy? also, where and when? i know it's 8/11 but what time?

thx!
[/quote]
Hi, the swap event is open to all members, new and old.
Only BAR members current as of the last meeting will be picking from the general tables.
There may be other picking opportunities for newer members.
Swap participants must bring 2 different frags to participate.
There are currently no direct sales of coral as part of the official schedule but people will probably be exchanging coral and such all throughout the day.
See you there!

Rule #1: You must have been a fully paid member, i.e. your membership can't be expired, as off the June 9th. There will be zero exceptions to this rule, if you let your membership expire because you forgot, then decide to renew now, sorry you're out of luck, you may come watch the swap, hang out with other reefers, etc but can not pick corals.

Rule #2: In order to participate in the swap, assuming #1 is handled, you need to bring 2 frags of completely different coral, they can be different corals or different colors of the same coral (i.e. red zoanthids and blue zoanthids). Please don't let the minimum requirement keep you from bringing additional frags, the more you bring then the better chance someone takes something you brought instead of something you want ;)

Rule #2b: If you have a family membership then 2 family members may pick, but not 1 member getting 2 picks, but each member must also bring 2 different corals as per rule #2

How it runs will be similar to other frag swaps minus the rare group. Picking will consist of getting a letter when you check in, then picking order typically goes A through Z then Z through A, so if you get stuck with a lousy letter you get to pick earlier the 2nd round, 4th round, etc.

Time of the event? Read the sticky topic, it has all the time details in that, I believe you need to be registered by 12:45pm however, what that means is you don't show up at that time, you make sure you already are checked in well ahead of schedule, I would suggest showing up by noon or so, that way you'll be able to look around, talk with others (aka try to be sociable to complete strangers etc)

Where is the event? Read the sticky topic... which I don't know where.. but all meetings are at ASAP, go to www.bareefers.org (not the forums) and there should be an address/map.

There is no buy in for the event, if you don't have the two coral minimum you're out of luck, there will be no corals for sale unless it is prearranged deal you made before with other member, ASAP is a wholesaler they don't sell to the public.

And 100:1 says someone already answered all this stuff in a much more compact form as I was typing this out.... and I'm right

thx for the detail explanation! i will read the sticky to find out exactly where it's and the time. one last question... i do have 2 *small* frags of corals (one is a yellow tree and the other blue gloves) that i can bring but i don't know if anyone would like them tho. they are pretty small frags. is that ok?

[quote author=dzhuo link=topic=2141.msg22565#msg22565 date=1186079984]
thx for the detail explanation! i will read the sticky to find out exactly where it's and the time. one last question... i do have 2 *small* frags of corals (one is a yellow tree and the other blue gloves) that i can bring but i don't know if anyone would like them tho. they are pretty small frags. is that ok?
[/quote]
Yup, that's fine.

alright. so the swap will be in

31640 Hayman Street
Hayward, CA. 94544

starting 1pm (check in @ 12:45pm). this will be my first official BAR meeting, very excited. one last question...

so when we check in @ 12:45pm, what do we need to bring to show that we are current BAR members?

I have the participant list already on a spreadsheet for all elible participants. Check in will start at 10:30 and end at 12:45. Please do not be late.

i will be bringing 2 frags plus my son another 2 frags (family membership) but since i'll be coming from work i probably be arriving appx 12:30 pm. you can check my membership but i believe i joined june 3rd this year.

Back