Our mission

Saturday, August 11th BAR Members swap

[quote author=tuberider link=topic=2141.msg22709#msg22709 date=1186175859]
There are label .docs and a PDF somewhere on the board here with spots for appropriate info (species, farmer et.).

The frustrating things for me at the Regional swap was that there were so many unlabeled containers it was very difficult to weed through and find what you want before Jim scared everyone away from the tables. (not your fault Jim, you've got a job to do and you do it well)

It's nice to know a little info on your frag in case you need to get in touch with the original farmer for advise etc.

Oh yeah it helps to tape the lid on and place tape over your label.
[/quote]

http://www.bareefers.org/discussion/index.php?topic=701.new#new

There's the link to the lables if anyone wants to download them :D

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=2141.msg22784#msg22784 date=1186264481]
No food this time, sodas will be provided but it will be bbq less venture

[/quote]

So in other words, it's going to be a long day if you don't bring your own food.

Why no BBQ? It's painless and free to the club if the min is met of which we never had any porblems doing. Is he not around anymore, I heard rumors of that :(

Talk to the VP, he is in charge of making meetings happen :)

I think the reasoning was that it wasn't going to be as long as the regional swaps, as a result no BBQ.

But yeah, there's plenty of nice places to pick up food to go on the way to the place, the 4 basic food groups, Mexican, Chinese, Sandwich, and Greasy :)

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=2141.msg22817#msg22817 date=1186361906]

I think the reasoning was that it wasn't going to be as long as the regional swaps, as a result no BBQ.

But yeah, there's plenty of nice places to pick up food to go on the way to the place, the 4 basic food groups, Mexican, Chinese, Sandwich, and Greasy :)

[/quote]

You forgot the 5th group! Starbucks is on the way :D

[/quote]

Attendance will be to low to support the vendor, makes sense since it's a paid member deal :D

[quote author=capescuba link=topic=2141.msg22820#msg22820 date=1186411424]

[/quote]

You forgot the 5th group! Starbucks is on the way :D
[/quote]

Well I've evolved beyond the 5th group, and only require 4 :D

Well, I'm slowly de-evolving then, cause it takes more and more coffee to get me going in the morning. In fact, I'll probably be at Starbucks early, pounding the java.
BTW, finished all the fragging and mounting this weekend and all I can say is:
SOMEONE GET ALL THESE FRAGS OUT OF MY TANK!!!!!
I can only imagine how Norm must feel.

I got my fragging done this weekend too - Was much easier than I anticipated - everything co-operated, except for my Maroon Clown who still want's to nibble my hand whenever it's in HER tank :D

I got some fragging done a couple weeks ago, unfortunately some of the frags dropped through the eggcrate and now are attached to the rock again... unfortunately they're some of the weedy corals... but hey I might break down my soft tank sometime in the near future, so meh..

Also still trying to lure dave's anemone off the rock, I wish they were like corals and I could just slice it off at the base!

[quote author=bookfish link=topic=2141.msg22831#msg22831 date=1186420428]SOMEONE GET ALL THESE FRAGS OUT OF MY TANK!!!!!
I can only imagine how Norm must feel.
[/quote]

Yah, what Jim said!

Seriously, I had to glue frags to eggcrate and lean them up against the sides of the tank in order to be able to hold them until swap day. Yikes!

Hey Norman,
I have a meeting in the morning (8am) but I will head to your house right after and help you get through it all. I'll give you a call. The meeting goes on for an undetermined amount of time, so I'm not too sure. Shouldn't be more than 1.5 hours.

Back