Kessil

Saturday January 19th, 2008 - Negative Tide Shoot

kinetic

Supporting Member
On Saturday, January 19th, there's going to be negative tide from 1pm to 5pm on our coast.

I'm planning to head to some spots for some tidepool shooting. Anyone interested? I may go down to halfmoon bay.

If you do Pigeon Point I'm game :) I'll even bring a scientist along to ID what your taking a picture of (if he can come with). he and I where planning a trip up there soon for some personnal tidepooling :)

Gresh, when are you heading out to Pigeon Pt.? I went there to shoot the lighthouse back in Nov., but wouldn't mind taking a look through the tidepools there.

[quote author=Ibn link=topic=2797.msg29514#msg29514 date=1199833439]
Hmm, sounds like a plan.

Jeremy, got a CF card? :)
[/quote]I don't even have a library card, is that like a green card?

AFA as places to go and shoot, Fitzgerald in Moss Beach is cool. However it doesn't get as much light in the evening as Ross's Cove, Ross's is fun too as there is an element of danger. They are very close to one another, so the call could be made on the spot.

I'm down for either... the element of danger is OK with me as long as I don't die and/or break my camera gear =) Yes they're on par in importance ;)

Reason for Pigeon Point area is the tide pools tend to have a higher diversity in that area. The scientist and I are actually doing collections for a project he's working on :) [quote author=Ibn link=topic=2797.msg29497#msg29497 date=1199819425]
Gresh, when are you heading out to Pigeon Pt.? I went there to shoot the lighthouse back in Nov., but wouldn't mind taking a look through the tidepools there.
[/quote]

We haven't set a date yet but very soon. The guy I am going with and I will be legally(permitted) collecting stuff for a project he's working on. FWIW he's extremelly knowledgable in our areas life. He's also a krill expert if you wanna talk krill :D

Let me know if I can tag along. I'd be more than happy to bring a camera along to document what stuff looks like in their natural habitat.

That does sound interesting too gresh! I'm currently committed to going to Half Moon Bay with a few others possibly, so I can't make it down to Pidgeon point that weekend =(

For those interested in Half Moon Bay / Moss Beach we're going to meet at 12pm. Probably at a coffee house or something similar.

Eric and others: let me know if you can make it =)

Here's the discussion with details:
http://flickr.com/groups/sfbas/discuss/72157603676122814/

Alright, directions and meet time have been posted:

http://flickr.com/groups/sfbas/discuss/72157603676122814/

Check the first post =)

Can I get a headcount of who from BAR will be going?

I'm a maybe Art. While I have nothing on the calendar for that day, I'm not quite thru making it yet :( I'd like to shoot with you guys in hopes skill is transferable via osmosis :lol:

Back