Neptune Aquatics

Say someone else has a DTBC item... and you want to put yours in to, what then?

kinetic

Supporting Member
Just hypothetically, what if someone comes out with an Idaho Grape DBTC thread, and somewhere down the line you have some as well you'd like to add? Do you steal his thunder by posting 24 frags of IG in that thread, or create another? I doubt they would mind the "stealing thunder" part, but for the statistics and such it might not work out so cleanly.

well, since yours is generation 1, it should technically get its own thread. Atleast that is how it panned out when I mentioned starting up a neon toadstool thread.

Each person starts his or her own.

So you start your own, unless your 24 grew from a frag from the other person's DBTC.

Makes sense?

[quote author=Mr. Ugly link=topic=3171.msg34890#msg34890 date=1203833302]
Each person starts his or her own.

So you start your own, unless your 24 grew from a frag from the other person's DBTC.

Makes sense?
[/quote]

understood =)

[quote author=Mr. Ugly link=topic=3171.msg34899#msg34899 date=1203835944]
Hehe... if it's Idaho Grape, you might have to put that into DBTC Interclub to get any takers :D
[/quote]

well, it's idaho grape, and I have some steve elias but tonggao already put his out. I got mine from Karl (unarce).

Thanks for the question Eric and yes that is the direction we are heading. It's a little less clear about how we are handling 1 person putting 2 different corals in the same thread even if it's a different color but same generally. I'm still trying to push for 1 coral line = 1 thread but with the case of Sam (BlueNass..) he's getting out of the hobby (hopefully just taking a break :) ) so I wasn't going to press it since the committee hasn't made it a rule.

One coral one thread is nicest.

But we'll be using a custom app for tracking stuff so it won't matter all that much later.

I'll probably go through and do some cleanup on a few threads to separate things anyway.

[quote author=Mr. Ugly link=topic=3171.msg34917#msg34917 date=1203869366]
One coral one thread is nicest.

But we'll be using a custom app for tracking stuff so it won't matter all that much later.

I'll probably go through and do some cleanup on a few threads to separate things anyway.
[/quote]

Cool. Please PM me so I can make sure my DB reflects what you change. Can you actually split the thread so it shows the same person started both?

Back