Schmitty's 40g Nuvo Reef

Discussion in 'Tank Journals' started by Schmitty, Jun 29, 2017.

?

I just have one clown fish, what should my next fish be?

1. Another Clown

2. Anthias

3. 6-line wrasse

4. watchman goby

5. lawnmower blenny

6. yasha goby

7. Something else(please list in comments)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

Not sure how many ml of which product you are dosing for alk, but I would only increase it by 1 ml per day and see what happens over a week or so. Definitely not more than 2 ml per day.

2. Schmitty

Schmitty Supporting Member

Oh for sure, I went from 10 to 10.5

3. Schmitty

[​IMG]
    Got a new clown to give Pesci some company, any suggestions on a name?
    [​IMG]
    Also added my first zoa frag to the tank, really hoping to see it grow and not disappear...
    [​IMG]
    Anemone is a friend indeed, looks like my RBT is bouncing back and beginning to smile...
    [​IMG]
    And I frag'd my old Birds Nest and got rid of the dead areas, glued this piece toward to top in the middle, hope to see it fill in some of that area nicely...

Also added 4 Trochus snails, still dialing in my calcium and alk doser but Im getting close. Just increased the light intensity by 5%.

ashburn2k likes this.
  4. Schmitty

If anyone would like to trade a zoa frag for one of my frogspawn, I am definitely down. Trying to get some other colors in there besides green, looking for purple or anything cool looking.

5. Schmitty

Just got my first ever BAM BAM zoa at the frag swap over the weekend, thanks so much @LegendaryCorals — I obviously need a macro lens so I can get better photos then my iphone can produce...

[​IMG]

Coral reefer likes this.
  6. ashburn2k

ashburn2k Supporting Member

I can trade armor of god for your frogspawn, btw what testing probes/kit is yours? and how do you like them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  7. Schmitty

SOunds good to me, how many polyps does your armor of God have? Are you in SF? DM me...

8. Schmitty

I use the Hanna test kit for Phos and Alk, they're really easy. Then the Red Sea for Calcium and Mag...

9. Schmitty

Yesterday, I noticed that my Rose Tip Bubble anemone has split! Ill get some photos soon. Super stoked...

10. rygh

rygh Supporting Member

That may be good or bad. Especially if such a small one splits.
    They often split when put in a new tank.
    But they also split because of poor water quality and lack of food.
    You might consider direct feeding for a few weeks, to make sure they are really healthy.

11. ashburn2k

ashburn2k Supporting Member

Is that why my BTAs never split? I fed them too damn well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

12. rygh

rygh Supporting Member

They will when they get really big.

13. Schmitty

I dont know about that, I usually just feed em a bit more then normal and sometimes they split. Also when I do lots of water changes Ive seen em split too. To me it seems like they split when conditions arent consistent. I could be wrong but everything in my tank seems to be doing fine and so far the split anemone seem happy as well

14. Schmitty

[​IMG]
    Here's a recent shot of my new Neon Green Candy cane right behind the anemone on the left, in the center is a three headed RASTA zoa out of focus and on the right is the acan that wont produce a new head... I just dropped my light half an inch to see if that helps. Birds next in the uppper center looks like it has some new growth...