Kessil

Schmucks Green Nepthia

Gusty brought in a frag of this coral. It's loose and kicking around in the nano with the picassos. Definitely the original lineage.
Just so there's no confusion you must pick up the frag at 1477 San Pablo Ave. in Berkeley and must follow all the rules in the rules and guidelines section below OR YOU WON'T QUALIFY!!

Rules And Guidelines v. A1A;

Rule 1.

Rule 2.

Rule 3.

Guideline 1.

Guideline 2.

Guideline 2a.

Special appendix to Guideline 2a.

Revised ruling on rule 2. (hereafter referred to as rule 2-2 revision as adopted on 4/4/10 by the standing rules committee)

If you still think you qualify c'mon down and get it. First come first served.

Jim it's been ID as a sinularia. I'll have Tony Vargas explain it to me again so I can explain it to you :D

GreshamH said:
Jim it's been ID as a sinularia. I'll have Tony Vargas explain it to me again so I can explain it to you :D
I don't doubt it. It's been called both for years and I'm sure it comes down to some sclerite detail or something. Anyway, hopefully we all know the species in question since I'm too lazy to post a pic.

CookieJar said:
Orion said:
where are these rules and guidelines v, A1A posted. I have been looking all over and I can not find them.

they're there, you just gotta check the fine print. :D

Would be nice for someone to post the revised ones as of 4/42010 since I could not find them.

This is all I could find.

What are these rules you mention??
The rules are simply a guideline, so overall call goes to whomever is offering since this is a voluntary program. However some standard rules that can easily be followed, or referred to "See FAQ for rules" are the following Must be BAR member. (you may open this up to what ever clubs you like, however this keeps it within the club, at least initially) Must be good with XXX (where this is the type of coral, this means you don't just finish cycling your tank and want to fill it up with corals) You agree to give frags to 3 more people before selling/trading of it (This is to keep the exponential growth thing going, also it helps safe guard against one person having an issue, tank crash, fell behind a rock, etc) You agree to pick up XXX (Again wherever you like, BAR meeting is useful, since it makes people go to meetings Smiley, basically it's to keep people from expecting you to deliver it) Pictures of progress ( it's nice to know how it's doing in other tanks under other conditions sometimes)

With a clause that allows those types of rules on April 1st. You just got to love rules with clauses.

Jim, Gus took your all caps line with double exclamation points and raised you bold print.

yup, this is the so called extinct in the wild nepthea (finally, i spelled it right!)
whoever comes down to get it is welcome to have it. We're open again Thursday 11-7

This particular coral was imported around 2000 by a local couple who was importing stuff from Palua. They sold a colony to Matthew Schmuck who to this day still has plenty of colonies in his tank. I know both Phil/Theresa who imported it and Matthew Schmuck so I can confirm this lineage.

You should have seen the clams. Man those were top shelf clams!!

Back