Search Disabled

Discussion in 'Website' started by pixelpixi, May 4, 2010.

1. pixelpixi

pixelpixi Guest

The website has occasionally been extremely slow lately. I think the search module may be the primary culprit so I've disabled it for now. I'll see how that goes and then either re-enable it or install a different search engine.

I apologize for the inconvenience. If you really need to find something and can't please let me know and I'll try to help.

2. Sfork

Sfork Guest

I found it was hard to use =/ like if you search something it finds the thread and not the post so 20 page threads would be hard, or maybe i was clicking the wrong part of the search results

3. pixelpixi

pixelpixi Guest

No, you weren't doing it wrong. It just sucks. :-/

4. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Here I was thinking that Russian gal on the TV was right and things were running sluggish because of a virus :D

Yes please! Maybe one that allows you to search by user name and order them by date posted :)

5. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Guest

Cool I thought it was just me but I guess it is the site being slow.

6. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

Search by user name is easy. Go the the user profile and search their post history manually :p

7. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Yeah but sometimes I want to search for name + string. Often I remembered a thread and I know I replied to it, and I said a particular phrase/word/etc and want to find it. Now for the new user searching is fine, however when you have posts in the thousands it can be a little problematic.

8. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

mean like 6k - 8K :)

9. 99sf

99sf Guest

Erin, the site seems to be working much better since the search function was disabled. Thanks! Earlier in the week, it was incredibly slow.

10. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

Heh.. and to think I was about to toss my router on monday and get a new one (I found the site, and a few others, to be very slow on monday)

11. yellojello

yellojello Supporting Member

most of you probably know this, but i just use google and search BAR, or any other forums. I just type this into the google search box:

site:bareefers.org whatever u are searching for

12. screebo

screebo Guest

I've been doing my searches "the hard way" :| Since "search" disappeared. Nice to see you at Baymac!