Neptune Aquatics

Season's Greetings/Red Hot Chili Pepper Monti

@pinner - Maybe you have the magic hand ;) Or a tank with crazy high Mg like mine lol

Mg could be a possibility but I sort of doubt it would lead to death overnight. We'll give it another go heh. It wasn't any of your faults', except Denzil who might have fried it.. jk

Will be in touch shortly...or PM if you plan on coming to the city.

My dip regime did include iodine but only 1ml/500ml and for only about 20-30 seconds. It was in Coral Revive only for about 5 minutes before that.

My normal dip procedure is:

- put frag bags or containers into sump for 20 minutes inside of a larger bag.
- put frags into dip container with bag water.
- If I want to change plugs on any frags I remove them from the plug.
- reduce water in container to about 200ml. 100ml if more than one frag.
- add 50ml at a time every couple of minutes until volume reaches 500ml.
- add coral revive at 1ml/100ml. (5ml)
- for non-montipora I add about .5ml/100ml povidone (2-3ml)
- agitate water with turkey baster and look for whatever comes off.
- let it sit for 2-3 minutes
- agitate again. suck up anything that looks mobile and alive.
- for montipora I add .25ml/100ml povidone and gently agitate for only 15 seconds or so. Suck up anything alive and mobile.
- remove frags from container, rinse in a separate container of tank water for 30 seconds.
- glue onto a new plug if necessary.
- transfer frag to lower light area of tank and don't move for at least a week.

If iCon is gracious enough to offer another frag I won't use any povidone at all with the frag. I have only rarely tested params on the bag water and usually only SG and pH to see if they are seriously different from my tanks.

iCon said:
@pinner - Maybe you have the magic hand ;) Or a tank with crazy high Mg like mine lol

Mg could be a possibility but I sort of doubt it would lead to death overnight. We'll give it another go heh. It wasn't any of your faults', except Denzil who might have fried it.. jk

Will be in touch shortly...or PM if you plan on coming to the city.
Haha, it's quite possible. I wanted to make sure it got plenty of light! ;)

After coming back from LA for the long weekend both frags are alive and well, the frags were acclimating for 24 hours inside the sump before adding them t the main tank I dose melafix for about ~10 mins while adding tank water for wash/acclimation.

My second frag is doing well and growing. It is growing slower than some of my other montis. I've tried adjusting lighting and flow but it seems indifferent. I made a tiny backup frag (~1cm^2) in case something happens to the original. The backup is growing as well.

Back