seasonal fish problems?

Discussion in 'Fish and Invertebrates' started by mattcoug, Oct 24, 2015.

1. mattcoug

mattcoug Guest

The past few times I have gone to any LFS, I noticed that obvious fish disease seem to be much more pronounced now than I historically remember. Given that I have spent a huge amount of time/effort to get disease/parasite free fowlr tanks, I am afraid to touch the new fish.

I am curious if other folks have noticed this, or if it is just me being paranoid? Is it a seasonal thing?

2. euod

euod Supporting Member

Yes, it's a seasonal thing because of weather change and flight delays due to holidays, fish and corals arrive more stress out. I am surprised to hear that you are seeing it now but then again there a lot of tropical storms around Hawaii and Asia this year. Also this is the reason why it has been a very fruitful year of exotic fish available to the general public with pintail, crescent, Katherine and black margin wrasses

Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
  3. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

Concerned mainly about ich?

Or other disease?

4. mattcoug

mattcoug Guest

I've had bouts with velvet, brook, ich, possibly vibro, uronema, possible cyanide poisoning, etc, so mainly everything :(

What I see recently is worse than a little ich on the tangs; in the best stores, in almost every tank/system, I am seeing at least one fish that I know will be dead before next week. It wasn't like this in the recent past.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2015