Jestersix

Seduction Zoa/Paly ??????

Yippee

Supporting Member
Sorry for the poor photo. Any experts that can verify that these are Seduction? Would like to ID before DBTC.
Seduction.jpg

Do any of the mature polyps look like this one?

image.jpg

Mine originated from California Reef Co during their Anniversary Sale who got it from a local high end coral grower named Blaise.

New polyps start off Red and develop more White/Blue colors as they mature.

When I do a Google image search, they all look different. Mine are very slow growers and tend to be finicky. It is confusing since there are so many varieties that exist. I was told at CRC that some people think they are all the same.

In my opinion, those are seductions.

Frankly I dont care about the name but I do care about physical appearance and behaviors of corals.

I think your zoa strain might be identical or very similar to mine.

Someday someone should put together a guide to Zoa's (to start.) Real names, stupid names, pictures of the slight variances. Admonishment for the really stupid names (why aren't Captain America's red, white and blue?)

Hahahaha I hate captain americas! Worst name ever.

Ive given up on new zoa names.

Theres a new generation of garage coral vendors out there and sometimes they all "discover" the same corals and name it differently. It is very easy for garage vendors to get access to wholesale corals nowadays. These garage coral vendors out number local fish stores easily. In 2015 I counted 4 garage coral vendors in the bay area:
  • Golden Gate Corals
  • Bay Area Corals by that guy in menlo park
  • Surreal Aquatics
  • Legendary Corals
  • Ocean Reef Corals in sf
  • Stephanie in San Bruno
Not bashing these guys. I like them but the naming system is messed up. Some of them do not put effort into checking to see if that corals already been named.

They all had/have access to whole sale corals. Thats just the bay area, what about the rest of california and the country discovering corals?

This problem wasnt as bad 5 years ago because there wasnt as many Coral Vendors.

But recently i'm seeing like 5 names for the same zoa.

Last edited:
+1 on Seductions!

I couldn't agree more with you on the zoa name game as of late. Between all the new vendors and hobbyist renaming zoas and thinking they have something new that they can charge $100+pp is just insane. With this new naming and pricing trend you could just call your zoa a "Seduction Krak" and you'll be rich;). If you guys ever want to start a BAR zoa guide I'd love to help! I've been a zoa addict going on 8 years now haha.

Here are my seduction bunches 4/11/2016
IMG_4640.jpg

If you compare to the first picture, the adult polyp that I started with has actually lost some of its white/blue patching.

But pay attention to the baby polyps. They have a thick blue halo between the skirt and the body. Neato.

Back