Jestersix

See lighting options in bay area

What are some good stores in the Bay Area where I can go to see different types of lighting in action?

I am trying to decide between a powermodule (8x54W 48") or 2 free floating 250W MH (perhaps ushio, pheonix, or radium on a bluewave7 ballast).
I want to see the powermodule in action and I want to see the color difference between the ushio, pheonix and radium 250W bulbs.

This will go on a 120g mixed reef with no canopy.

Thanks for the help.

I can't name a store with all that I am afraid. Maybe some one else knows a store like that :)

I'll call up Greg at RG/ATI and see if he'd want to do BAYMAC. Then you could see the unit in action :D

If you're determined to visit stores, the best bet is to go to as many as you can. The ones I've visted have different lighting within their store, usually MH and T5, with different bulbs, ballasts and lamps. You can call before hand and see their setups and if you want to check them out. Aquatic Gallery, Neptunes are 2 off the top of my head that have various tanks and lighting, but most LFS will have different tanks and lights for you to see. Last time I was at Green Marine, all tanks had 250w XM 20K (I believe) which is another good lamp to check out.

Excellent choices... all those have different set-ups and bulbs in use. I think Aquatic Collections has radiums in use and they aren't that far from the others. It's just another 15 minutes or so, still not bad for a quick trip from SC :)

Nice. I'll drive over on Saturday and check them out.
Thanks so much for the recommendations.

You know anyone running a powermodule?

thanks again.

Back