Our mission

Seeking a few good mili's

Do you have a sweet looking milipora in your collection? Maybe, you have a colony that's getting big? The pieces don't have to be "super rare" or have a crazy break the bank price tag. I'm just looking for a few nice colored frags or mini colonies. Odds are, if you think it's nice looking. then it would be nice to me too.
I know there is a pretty good chance someone in our club must have some to frag.
I'm willing to buy the frags, but the BAR membership brotherhood would be even better. o_O

How’s this one?
ef4b8c9a2245244bb969517a7cb8f776.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I concur. It looks more like a green slimer, A. yongei, than a milli.

Growing 5 different variations of milleporas at the moment, but none are at the fragging size. DTW is selling a 5 pack of millis on RC at the moment which is a pretty good deal.

If you're looking for a better deal, then you're gonna have to go through the $10/20 bins at some place like Neptune. I've seen a variety of wild millis there including sunsets, bubblegum, and blue/purples.

Last edited:
yes i agree with ALL of you. @ashburn2k frag didn't really look like milipora to me. (but i wasn't gonna second quess him till others chimed in)
And YES, I did see DTP posting on RCenttal. That's actually why i posted this. It was very tempting to buy his pack. But, I figured i would ask BAR members if they had any growing out of control, and were ready to frag. I always like to look within our club first.

Just saw DTW's tank yesterday. Super clean healthy tank and his coral frags are very healthy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So, part of his pack includes the Copps' 24k millipora. For reference, Copps charges $100 for a 1" frag of that piece, so that should put things in perspective.

I'm limited in space so I usually am pretty picky with what goes in the tank and stays in there. I usually pick up a few millis from the $10 bins and see how well they color up. Sunsets are pretty common in Neptune's tank and I don't really like the colors from them so I've given them away in the past. Here's some of the ones that I've found recently or kept from the $10 bins.

For the named pieces, I would start out with the following: Copps' 24k, AquaSD rainbow, snipersps bubblegum, and the sapphire (Palmer's blue).

Hmm, couldn't post pics earlier for some reason.

CRC Aussie gold. $10 frag.
crc_gold_mille_072417.jpg

BC Aussie gold. Freebie from a previous order.
bc_gold_aussie_milli_072417b.jpg

This is an RR milli. Got it from a buddy so not sure how much it costs. Bleached and finally picking some colors up. The mother has an orange base with white tipped polyps.
tris_red_millib_072417.jpg

Purple that's slowly showing pinks. $10 frag.
crc_purple_acro_072417.jpg

Rainbow. Needs to grow. $10 frag.
crc_frag04_072417.jpg

Back