Cali Kid Corals

Semi-X LE palanwanesis monti

D2X_1386.jpg

Here is very interesting Tyree LE palanwanesis monti. It has green polyps that can sometimes change to blue sometimes. I have seen the polyps change to blue a few times but keeps on going back to green after a few weeks.

I will have 2 frags available.
Rules
- you are a BAR member(dues payed)
- you've had experience with SPS
- you agree to frag to at least 3 other person for free before trading or selling.
- you can pick it up from me at the April BAR Meeting.
- you agree to donate at least one future "semi-extreme" frag to DBTC (to be named in your request for a frag)
- you have started at least 2 DB

Ooh...nice! Have you gotten close to finding what can maintain the nice blue polyps? This is the appleberry palawenensis right?

2nd gen please. :)

It is the Tyree one. I think it needs a prestine water to get the polyps to change to blue. Polyps turned blue in my system after I installed a new ATB skimmer and a sulfur denitrator, but turned green again when I removed the sulfur denitrator for additional mod.

dudley,
I'm using an old geo calcium reactor that I converted to a sulfur denitrator.
The sulfur media is the garden type but 99.9% pure. Here is the site where I got my my sulfur media http://www.hydroponicsoutlet.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=704055

Lap,
I'll save one for you. Can you pick it up at the april meeting?

lol. I 100% agree with Chris. There has been so much generosity recently with the mass influx of DBTC corals. I know my DBTC frag tank is near max capacity :eek:

Back