Our mission

Seminole Burning Spear Acro

seminolecpa

Past President
That makes way more sense to me. I was thinking to myself "Wow, that is a big change in colors".

BTW Norman, I think I got a mini colony of this at the swap several years ago. Mine looks very similar to the one in your first post. If you need a frag let me know.

Corals129.jpg

If the chain is dead, I am also happy to revive it. I have given this out to a couple of people already. I can probably do a couple of frags.

Bryan is that the same piece you gave me? If so a small branch busted off of the frag you gave me. It's encrusting well, and if you want it Norm it's yours.

Hit me up.... If you're going to the BOD meeting I'll bring it. No need to hit anyone up, it's a sweet piece, pretty much one of the nicest corals ever.

Nicest corals ever? I smell a little bit of something.

Since Norm's has passed does this mean I get to name it?

Took a few shots of it tonight both top down and from the front. White balance seems to be a bit off even though I attempted to adjust in it RAW but it is a really nice coral. It seems to have a green base (pinkish polyps and blueish purple tips). Seems to just get better and better with age. The picture earlier in the thread was from about 7 or 8 months ago.

The top down seems to look a little nicer then it really is but the front shots are pretty piss poor. One day I might actually take decent pictures of my tank.

Top Down

20071226_3.jpg

20071226.jpg

Front shot

20071226_11.jpg

A little further back

20071226_12.jpg

Chris (lordhelmut), Frag is yours. Please contact me via pm for timing of pickup. I will likely be putting a couple of frags in the swap. I think Eric has agreed to come shoot my tank some time soon so I should have some better pictures soon.

If no objections I am gonna call it the "Seminole Burning Spear". Had to come up with something to counter that friggin Miami Hurricane named coral.

The list has gotten confusing. I was checking on the order. Thanks.

"dswong
sulcata1619
kinetic

Who the heck are those 3?? " Norm

I am a one year member of BAR and also the President of North Coast Reefers.

Hehe... I was just kidding when I posted that :D

Also, I think Dudley/Dudely/dswong01 was just commenting in the thread but not actual lined up to prop.

Hmmm... wonder who's up next?

:D

I think this chain is dead.

I could probably revive it but it isn't certain that it is the same coral. I did get a piece to tuberider.

I was planning on bringing a few frags to the swap. I could instead make them DBTC corals. Whatever works. I can do 3 of this very LE Seminole Burning Spear acro.

I believe LordHelmet has one spoken for not sure though. I can do 1 more to keep the chain going.

Sulcata can you tell me a little bit about your tank and or history in reefkeeping? Feel free to shoot me a pm. Since I don't know you or your tank I want to make sure you are equiped to handle it before I hand it out.

LordHelmet I am still waiting to hear back from you if you want a frag.

I can bring to the swap or you can pick up at my house in Burlingame.

Ok since no word from LordHelmet, I will pass on him for now and perhaps get him later.

Frags will go to Sulcata and Perry and potentially jkreefer.

Jkreefer can you let me know a little about your tank and your reefkeeping history as well, either here or via pm so I can make sure it is going to good hands.

I will try to put one more into the swap. I can bring the DBTC frags to the swap as well otherwise you will need to come to Burlingame to get them.

I have a 75 gallon (95% sps) thats been running for a year 2-250 watt 20k w/ 4 39 watt t-5, 90 gallon fuge, 60 gallon sump. Am currently working on my 210 gal sps tank.http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1011819

Back