got ethical husbandry?

Seminolecpa's 180G upgrade

You can always use some fittings on the high bulkheads if it does suck air in. Using them for a closed loop is fine, just you need to keep it closed... not open it to the sump :D

What's better off? This tank is bigger by a foot. If you don't plan on using the closed loop, then cap them with valves like Eileen said. Don't second guess your purchase :D

Its like James, my 8 year old, says. " Mom, just tell him there are only 3 kinds of tanks..... 1 fish tanks ... 2 army tanks... 3 air tanks. As long as he got a fish tank, he can modify it however he likes. ~smile
p.s. he says dont worry you can make anything work

The backholes will be a closed loop system. I wanted to add two wavy Seas for the return from the top. I was going to place the oceans motions towards the top in case of any failer. Bulkhead leaks are not very common but we can always silicone them in at the beginning if you are worried. All the big tanks at my shop have closed loops and alot of the big custom tanks i do always has closed loops to help with the flow. I wouldn't fear it.

Bryan,
Yay, the rumors are true.
Congrats on the new upgrade.
Great dimensions for the tank too.
I will be checking in on this one.

The plan is to have the think up and going by year end.

Working with Max to get the plans laid out for the stand and hood and get some of the equipment ordered. Have to give total kudos to him so far in the process. he has been more then fair and helpful in getting things laid out and making very good suggestions. Think it is going to be very nice when it is finished.

I may need a small army to move this bad boy. The glass is 1" thick on the bottom 1 1/2" thick on the back and 1/2" of the sides and front.

wow.. 1" thick on the bottom and 1 1/2" on the back :eek: ..

You will need at least 6 guys to carry that. Are you going to add additional support for your floor?

Very likely yes. Going to have someone take a look at it and check it out to see what (if anything) i need to do to beef it up for safety.

1 1/2" thick? Guess no vortechs on the backwall then.

I wonder if they didn't make it that thick because they were planning on a closed loop literally hanging off the back, I can see the need due to the stress that would be applied in a "sloppy" situation, but geeze 1.5 inches? That's going a bit overkill, especially considering those overflows should provide some strength as well as bracing.

Here is the fine craftmanship I currently have running up from the garage. Ultimately I would tap into this for the return and drain in addition to the CL that would reside behind the tank. Note the fine use of coloration with the PVC cement and primer.

DSC_0003.jpg

No vortech pumps. Was definately in my first plan when I decided to undertake the project back when I was considering a 120 tank. I have a tunze 6100 right now and a nanostream for my flow in the 72.

Almost forgot the dimensions of your tank, 24" might be a bit short to shoot a pump forward... carry on then :D

Nice plumbing work btw... and you say a leaky bulkhead is grounds for divorce? :D

Back