Cali Kid Corals

Seminolecpa's 180G upgrade

Yeah the harleys I got have paler color than these Hawaii ones.

The asterina reproduce pretty fast, even I got three harleys for awhile I still see quite many little stars around, but the amount is certainly reducing.

I hope the matrix frag that you gave me will turn into that color, it is hanging by the thread at the moment. Your tank and corals are looking absolutely aswe some. Thanks for the motivation.

I gotta go there with my tank soon. Been fighting the urge to go up another two feet (have the space) to a 180 or, gasp, maybe a 215 and run plumbing down into my garage. I have to stay away from your tank because I know I'll have to do it if I see yours...

It was a necessary evil. I wanted to move some corals around for better flow, light and growth (sightline).

Here is the before and after. Yes I chopped the heck out of some stuff and/or removed it. Doesn't look like much of a change but believe me it took pretty much all of a full day to do it. It is much more 3D now as well. Sorry, I have a very hard time taking FTS's with my lens/ distince I need to be back from my tank.

Before

20101205-DSC_1084.jpg

After

Left

20110201-DSC_1229.jpg

Right

20110201-DSC_1228.jpg

Left (side View)

20110201-DSC_1230.jpg

Right (side view)

20110201-DSC_1231.jpg

Has to grow in a bit more and have some corralin cover over the white patches left from band sawing colonies off, but i am pretty happy with it. Only took out 1 colony (excluding a couple of pieces of LPS) have more room for coral to stretch out and a better sightline. All stags to the back please.

Coral reefer said:
I gotta go there with my tank soon. Been fighting the urge to go up another two feet (have the space) to a 180 or, gasp, maybe a 215 and run plumbing down into my garage. I have to stay away from your tank because I know I'll have to do it if I see yours...
Sounds like you already made up your mind.

Sick setup Bryan!

Wow, your tank looks even better than before! I especially like the lower half of the tank. Seems like the maroon clown did not get lost in the re-organization.

Did you get a LENS for FTS Bryan?

Picture came out great and they both look great, old and new, I think the new layout will be more equal opportunity for each coral, now you can seat and watch them growing into dense forest :)

Two questions:
1) I saw three vortechs in pictures? What mode do you run them?
2) How do you keep back glass panel clean?

Back