Neptune Aquatics

Seminolecpa's 180G upgrade

Yikes I go away for 3 days and have 15 some posts on my journal thread. Thinking renting the class suction cups may be a good idea. My only thought was would it put too much pressure on the bottom seams and glass if it was picked up from the sides? Should only be about a 6-8 foot move once we get it up on the lift.

Gresham, refresh my memory is Greg65 the guy in Concord that sold Zeovit stuff and Bubblekings out of his house? If it is the same guy I am thinking of it would be very odd as he was probably the first person I got corals from when I moved back out to the Bay Area including the ugliest Efflo one of the original DBTC items.

[quote author=seminolecpa link=topic=5363.msg72594#msg72594 date=1231020114]
Any ideas of where I could rent them?
[/quote]

I don't know who rents them but I know we have some IT'ers in the club that could borrow a couple from their server rooms :) The bank closed the one I had access to so I can't get any, sorry.

Thought I'll share some of Bryan's beauties waiting patiently for their new home ;D

BryansCoral1-1.jpg

BryanCoral2-1.jpg

Was running two seperate phosban reactors for GFO and Carbon and decided to switch them out for this baby.

Picture012.jpg

I like it so much better. I can switch either out and any point in time and I made it so they are very accessable. All I needed was to connect 1 MJ 1200 to the prepackaged tubing and I was good to go. Each canister has a inner container that holds the media and makes replacement and cleaning very easy.

Here are some shots of the sump, fuge etc in the garage that I will be tapping in to

Picture009.jpg

Picture011.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Will be hooking up the small tank next to the fuge as a QT when I take the temp tank down after the move.

I like that GFO/Carbon device, looks like they just used an RO canister filter. Just be careful that there's a shut off valve on both sides OR that is higher than your tank water otherwise when you open it up to change your tank will want to make an escape :D

For your setup under the house Rich it would be very nice. Could see it perhaps being a little bulky for someone with a cramped under tank space. It is really nice for the really fine carbon I use. With the TLF reactor some tended to make its way through the filter sponge.

If you need to extend the tubing from the size they send let me know I have a bunch extra of the 1/2" od for the input and the 3/8"od for the output. Think it comes with about 4 feet for the input and 6 feet for the output.

How does this GFO/carbon reactor work Bryan? Does it flow from GFO into the Carbon and then out again?
I always thought (I can be wrong off course) that a GFO reactor should only have enough flow to tumble the media and a calcium reactor should have high flow going through it? If those two canisters are inline then they have the same amount of flow?

Yep it goes GFO to Carbon. You can adjust the flow going in for the GFO. To my knowledge the carbon makes no difference as long as it passes through it.

Back