[Sep 12, 2015] Regional Frag Swap Feedback

Discussion in 'General Club Business' started by denzil, Sep 12, 2015.

1. denzil

denzil Webmaster

Hey everyone, thank you to all of those who attended our wonderful event earlier today. It's because of you that this event was a huge success! Of course, we also can't go without mentioning our amazing BoD, volunteers, and club members.

Here is our usual feedback thread (formally referred to as post-mortem) that we like to post after our events so that we can get any and all feedback regarding the event. This gives us an opportunity to applaud what we did well and acknowledge where improvements can be made to make our future events are better (we're not perfect :))!

Please chime in here and share what you liked about our club event today and what you think we could do better! :D

Merith likes this.
  2. Newjack

Newjack Supporting Member

I was in attendance but, unfortunately not a participant. From an outsider looking in.., It was a great event. I can not wait for the next one. Hopefully, by then I will have some nice frags to swap.
    I really wouldn't do much different, it was exactly as advertised. Keep up the good work. Thank you BAR for another fun event.

3. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

Thanks newjack!

Good or bad (;)I prefer constructive criticism)

Let's hear the feedback!

Im bullet proof baby! Your words only make me stronger :cool:

brettandlyndis, denzil and Ahruk like this.
  4. saltwatersig

saltwatersig Volunteer

Great swap. Lots of higher end stuff on the tables even after having 2 bonus rounds.

Raffle was nice because the tickets were limited to only registered 10 or pre regi 15

It did not last painstakingly long , so for me it was perfect

Only improvement that I can honestly suggest , pick more of my raffle tickets to win as I only took one prise home. Lol

5. Ahruk

Ahruk Guest

lol I had the same complaint Sergio xD

6. D0661E750

D0661E750 Guest

First time and it was cool, didn't have enough time to stay for the whole event.

I would like to reach out to the guy who was selling the BAR shirts, my shirt has a stain and was hoping if I could get it exchanged.

Looking forward to the next event.

7. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

Sorry i needed something to wipe the drool off my face ;)

We'll exchange the shirt for you no problem though just remind us next time.

What size?

Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
    D0661E750 likes this.
  8. ajgaxiola52

ajgaxiola52 Guest

I had a great time and the swap was perfect. loved the idea of how the raffle tickets were handled. Thanks for the RODI Unit and Coral. Ill be back next time for sure

denzil and Enderturtle like this.
  9. Yippee

Yippee Supporting Member

The list of prizes was impressive. Everything moved smoothly. I just need to be able to scan a little faster.....LOL! Thanks for the utter chaos ajgaxiola52. I am already thinking about a list of corals to bring next year.

denzil likes this.
  10. Thomas and I had a great time! Was initially concerned about how many picking groups there were, but it went smoothly and quickly! It was nice not to be fighting through crowds to try and see the tables. Lots of great corals to choose from - definitely the best selection I have enjoyed at a swap so far! Overall, really enjoyed this one, and I'm so glad we made the drive down!

@Yippee - My first few swaps, it was like my mind froze as soon as it was my turn to pick, and I had no idea what to grab! Took me a few to get into the swing of things. :)

11. MolaMola

MolaMola Supporting Member

What a fun time. My class tank is just getting ready to stock so I will be ready to participate next time. I thought it went smoothly - thumbs up to the organizers for the tremendous amount of prep work and acquiring the awesome raffle prizes and Hikari sample bags. Although I know some people would have liked to purchase more raffle tickets I agree with saltwatersig about the allotted 10 or 15. It would have been nice to have more pizza, but I know there is no way to predict the number of attendees. : ) It was a fun event with great, positive people and it would be nice to bring a couple students with me to a swap in the future.

12. HiFidelity

HiFidelity Guest

had fun spying everyone w/ my camera :p

13. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

Thank you Fidel for taking amazing photos of the frag swap.

Cant wait to see the photos!

Make sure you photoshop some more muscles onto these arms. A couple inches taller would be nice too.

14. BAR - what a great event! This was our family's first ever swap, and it far exceeded our expectations! Really well organized, ran smoothly, and lasted what I thought to be a perfect amount of time, not too long, not too short! Raffles were great, such neat prizes! Having the vendors there and the food and beverages was really cool! You guys are 1st class all the way! Can't wait for many more swaps in the future!

HiFidelity, Geneva and denzil like this.
  15. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

FYI: Darwin and Nav counted about 130 people at this frag swap.

Its only gonna get better. We saw a lot of areas we can improve on for next time :)

16. dswong01

dswong01 Supporting Member

Saw a couple of container labeled Radom zoas? How do know what they are?

17. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

Random Zoas

Either the person doesnt know the Zoas Name or its an unnamed zoa.

If I saw "random zoas" I wouldnt take it home. Usually "random anything" means "i dont care about this coral, hope someone wants it". So nothing to be excited about. Stuff like that usually stays until the last rounds

I agree the person couldve been more descriptive.

Example: Blue Zoa with Pink Skirt

But if youre concerned about better labeling and being more descriptive. We'll work on that next time.

18. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

I don't know if I'd make the instantly jump to "I don't care", very often you have people throwing frags in containers and waiting until the last minute to do make labels, then forgetting what went in which container, at least that's my take on things :). I grabbed one that no one wanted after the carnage of free for all was trickling to an end, I'll see if it opens up today, anything but brown and I'll be happy :)

Ahruk likes this.
  19. Geneva

Geneva Supporting Member

I think the swap was a lot of fun and it was great to put faces with names / handles and meet folks from other reef clubs! I think all the volunteers did a great job and the prizes and free grab bags were amazing! Thanks everyone for making this a success!

I'm curious because I know those of us helping with registration (Mike, Jill, Tyler, Maureen, and I) did not stop even once after registration opened and closed! Do you think your wait time in line was excessive or OK?!

Enderturtle likes this.
  20. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Absolutely excessive, I think I may have had to wait 60 whole seconds! Do you know what 60 seconds is in the reef time!? That's an eternity! ;)

But seriously, the wait was fine. There was I think 1 couple ahead of me when my wife and I came. So I only have that to base off of, and it wasn't horrible by any stretch, it was just before noon so the only thing I was really worried about was getting some pizza because I was hungry :) I got my pizza so all is well and fine in the world of frag swaps. If I were to change one thing, would be maybe move the tables a little bit further away from the door, and this is just if there were long lines of people, but it didn't seem like there was much of a line ever.

Oh one thing that there absolutely should have been, and that's cautioning of the pests of the reef during the intro speech.

Geneva likes this.