[Sep 12, 2015] Regional Frag Swap Feedback

Discussion in 'General Club Business' started by denzil, Sep 12, 2015.

1. RobMcC

RobMcC Guest

I wasn't participating in the swap, but I went along, as I wanted to see how these things go for next time. From my perspective it was very well organized and the raffle prizes were great. The only small thing I noticed was that I overheard some folks mention they didn't get the white raffle ticket corresponding to their club or distance traveled at registration. Keep up the good work. :)

Geneva likes this.
  2. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

Oh yeah I figured there would be some people who missed the BAR Members Only Raffle and the 50-Mile Raffle.

Both of those Raffles were thoroughly advertised on this clubs and their clubs websites and there were signs at the tables about the raffle.

Its kinda their responsibility to look into joining the raffle but we'll have better signs next time.

3. Ashalye

Ashalye Webmaster

We really enjoyed it and got some great corals. I liked the ultra/bonus coral rounds, and the sound system and projector with the group letters was a lot clearer than the previous, member's only frag swap. Maybe next time, there would be some indication on the screen how many corals we should be choosing? I know as the numbers increased, a few people were unclear how many they were supposed to find.

As mentioned in some earlier posts, the only drawbacks we encountered were that we didn't get entered into the member's only raffle, and we didn't get any pizza. (We arrived around 12:15) I spoke up when we were asked if anyone would buy pizza, and I thought more would be coming, but I didn't notice any. Luckily I brought a granola bar for my husband and myself, otherwise we'd have been really hungry!!

4. D0661E750

D0661E750 Guest

Thanks thanks... It's a medium Green.
    Perhaps, I could go to your house and exchange the shirt then get some frags from you for Free? LoL

What's your 20?

5. cbrennan4

cbrennan4 Guest

I had a great time at the swap and it was nice to see such a big turn out. I really liked how you guys set up the raffle as well! Thanks for a great swap experience!

6. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

Thanks Collin! Glad to see some Wine Country Reefers made it to the swap.

The kh sunburst zoa i got from you at the NVR swap is doing good. But your pink hippos hate my tank lol

Hope ya got some nice frags at this swap!

7. cbrennan4

cbrennan4 Guest

Glad to hear the KH is doing well! That is one of my favorite zoas. I've been having trouble with the pink hippo lately too.
    Our group from

8. wpeterson

wpeterson Webmaster

This was a well organized event and I had a great time. My only regret is I spent so much time socializing I was late on some of my picking rounds, but that's my own fault.

Geneva likes this.
  9. saltwatersig

saltwatersig Volunteer

Yep , same here , realized my group (B) was at the end of the 3 round and I missed the 2nd round as well . Oh well , it was good to catch up with old friends and new ones

Geneva and Enderturtle like this.
  10. humu

humu Guest

Had a hard time reading what was written on the containers (lol, even my own)...poor penmanship, coupled on top of writing on small clear containers. Those that printed labels were great....

Swap was great! Loved the raffle, especially since I won something...

11. Thanks BAR! I had a great time at my first swap. I was surprised at the turnout. I was also pleased to see so many people happy and enjoying themselves. I didn't participate in the swap but was lucky enough to win a raffle prize of the Legendary Coral frag pack. (Which are all doing well and a few days away from joining my display tank). It was easy to understand the process and routine of picking with the groups. I had pictured more people swapping outside of the formal structure, like in rows at a comic book convention for some reason but this was great too. I really had a great time, and plan on being more involved with this group. Thank you all for organizing and making this a fun experience.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ahruk, Geneva and Enderturtle like this.
  12. HiFidelity

HiFidelity Guest

Photos coming really really soon folks, I finished editing and they are now in the hands of BAR BOD :)

Coral reefer and BirmanReefGirl like this.
  13. ReeferDale

ReeferDale Guest

Great swap guys, It was my first so I have nothing to compare it to but I thought it was successful. Next time ill try not to panic when hearing 15 seconds left and just grabbing anything. This swap has made me wiser, hopefully I can bring home the bacon next time : )

Ahruk likes this.
  14. Ahruk

Ahruk Guest

Haha... a good idea to help yourself not just panic and grab forever is to grab the first thing that catch your eye/you want. Then if you find something better you can put that down and pick that up. That way at the end you're hopefully leaving with something you wanted.