Our mission

[Sep 12, 2015] Regional Frag Swap (Hayward, CA (Building 2300 Cafeteria - Parking Lot B12))

Really looking forward to seeing everyone at the swap and to thank the BOD and volunteers that are making this happen - so much work behind the scenes and during the event!! Although I probably won't be participating as most of my corals are very small and just percolating right now, I plan to do a lot of drooling and cheering for all of you!

@Geneva I have some frags that I'd be more then happy to give you so that you can participate. So grateful for all your support for this club and wouldn't want you miss out on this kickass fragswap ;) (Also you don't have to worry about paying because it's free for BOD/ Approved volunteers like Nav said :) )

@Geneva I have some frags that I'd be more then happy to give you so that you can participate. So grateful for all your support for this club and wouldn't want you miss out on this kickass fragswap ;) (Also you don't have to worry about paying because it's free for volunteers like Nav said :) )
Thank you so much - you are so kind - that's why I love this club!!

I'm very excited to say that this frag swap will be attended by reefers from various regions of California. People are driving as far as 4 hours away to come to this frag swap from all directions, Fresno, Redding, Sacramento, and everywhere in between.

The 50-mile raffle is our way of saying Thanks for making the drive and Thanks for bringing frags with you :).

Coral availability and diversity definitely varies from region to region. We have stuff they don't. They have stuff we don't. Being able to swap corals from different areas is just sooo exciting to me.

Last edited:
The details about the 50-mile raffle are in the first post.

But i'll resummarize it here.

If you're in a reef club and you drove more than 50 miles to get to this frag swap, you're eligible for the 50-mile raffle.

Bring your proof of club membership.

The details about the 50-mile raffle are in the first post.

But i'll resummarize it here.

If you're in a reef club and you drove more than 50 miles to get to this frag swap, you're eligible for the 50-mile raffle.

Bring your proof of club membership.

lol...I was just re-reading this in the first post .....as I am 59.1 miles....:)

BTW Mike you have been doing an EXCELLENT job getting this coordinated.....my hat goes off to you and the other BOD!!!!!

Hello I'm new here my girlfriend and I are new to this hobby and would like to attend the reef swap... we plan on each bringing three frags most likely zoas ..can someone help me figure out how to preregister and pay for 2 people also by subscribing to this site are we officially members thanks much and I look forward to seeing you all

Hey Croatia, welcome! So if you want to pre register, send $15 to this paypal address paypal@bareefers.org. I am not sure if you need to be a supporting member to pre-register, it doesnt say that in the instructions for pre-registering. To become a supporting member go to the profile person button on the top right of the page next to the message button and got to account upgrades. From my understanding this upgrade is needed if you want to go to member only frag swaps which happen throughout the year, however this swap is not one of those ones. But of course it is probably a good idea to support such an awesome community! Hope I helped!

Back