Jestersix

SF skyline....

Ok Ian fixed this one for me due to dust on my sensor.. :) Some evening long exposure pics.. Anyone have any other tips for shooting these??

3173227610_648b03055b_b.jpg

A smaller one...
3170163538_21a174e64c_b.jpg

Hey Sam these are taken from Treasure Island.. I was driving home from the Rc car shop with my son .. Was driving across the bridge right when the sun was going down and everything looked all luminescent so I had to stop....

Looks great!
I love the way the embarcadero buildings are lit up/outlined. Looks like something out of some old 80's animation movie.

Love the clarity and the details in the full size shot, Doug.

If the right side was clean, that would be sweet; stop down and increase shutter speed.

[quote author=fishnfst link=topic=5837.msg73144#msg73144 date=1231335233]
Hey Sam these are taken from Treasure Island.. I was driving home from the Rc car shop with my son .. Was driving across the bridge right when the sun was going down and everything looked all luminescent so I had to stop....
[/quote]

incredible photos man. sorry for not complimenting earlier. :D

When Doug first showed me the top picture, I told him I needed it printed. I am going to send it out to a print house. We are going to get 2 printed, one for each of us (I was thinking metalic ink). The resolution on the top shot is incredible, it is much better than the bottom. The shot will be printed 6'x1'.

Stitching. He shot it on a D3 at 170mm on a 70-200 2.8. Shot in JPG lol. Doug needs to start shooting in RAW like a professional, since he got that professional camera.

Hahaha thanks for all the kind words everyone.. I knew I was going to be stitching them so I shot in a smaller format ie jpeg.. When I originally tried it with the raw files it would crash photoshop.. These were the largest jpegs I could have used and not crashed photoshop..

Hey Phong yes I did use a tripod. :) Most of the exposures were shot at around f/10 for 30 seconds.. This beast of a mustang pulled in about 2 feet away from my tripod with some horrendous exhaust and BEAT when I was shooting the right side pic.. I should have shot it again but the sky was changing rapidly and I didn't think it would have come out right without adjusting the exposure.. I'll try again next time for something sharper... :)

[quote author=Ibn link=topic=5837.msg73158#msg73158 date=1231347668]
Love the clarity and the details in the full size shot, Doug.

If the right side was clean, that would be sweet; stop down and increase shutter speed.
[/quote]

Its nice to get a compliment from the instructor once in awhile :)

Back