Jestersix

SF tank tour? March 11th?

Apon

Supporting Member
Hello club,

I know that this topic was discussed a while back but it went dead, so I am trying to bring it back alive. Anyone interested in doing an SF Tank Tour on March 11th? ( since we don't have a club meeting) this could be our satellite meeting. : )

Please reply to this post.

My 120 mixed reef is in SF ( Mosonic and Fulton cross street). I am hoping to get around 10 tanks to participate. Let me know.

Arnold

I'm down for a tank tour.

58g - my tank is still a mess (I added a finicky butterfly and took out a tang - resulted in re-aquascape of the entire tank plus fragged a bunch of stuff for the swap).

My 100g is looking kind of nice, I'm annihilated today from moving fish, not to mention my foxface jumped towards me as I was put him in, so I caught him.. upside down, with his spines out. So ouch. But the downstairs area with the tank is a fricking pig-sty :)

Maybe a tank tour will give me an excuse to clean it up a bit :D

I'd be down to join this tour, but i'm a little south of S.F. If we can i'd like to have my tank be a part of the tour, but if not I'd be interested to tag along and view other systems.

4 so far, I maybe working on a behind the scenes tour at Stienhart as well, but we will see. This may take alot of time depending when we start. : )

Mark you are welcome to join, we will see how many tanks we can get, if it is too many then we may not go out to your tank because of distance and time.

Update!

So far we have 4 tanks - Apon, Raddogz, sfsuphysics, and the Steinhart Aquarium! I have arranged a behind the scenes tour of their tanks. We need to be there at 3pm to get in and see the exhibits ($7) and at 4pm we get to go into the basement and see the inner working at the tanks. Special thanks to Peter (Entacmaea) for helping with this. We can only get 10-15 people on this tour into the Steinhart. So please verify that you can go on this.

I think we have viewers (not including the 4 tank owners) - Teachermark,Entacmaea, and maybe Sparkss?

I am thinking we can maybe start at like 11am somewhere see a tank, carpool to other tanks or lunch, see the another tanks, and then off to Steinhart. Please let me know what you think and please RSVP with me.

Well mike go clean up the tank room and make the tank look nice. You have 3 weeks. Do you prefer morning viewing or afternoon?

Out of curiosity, how is this going to work, an assigned time to view with everyone coming at once? Or people randomly showing up?

Probably mornings will be best just so I can get it over with ;)

Ever so slightly off-topic. If I get the basic structure of stand done, can I get help moving the tank from my car to appointed spot? No stairs, about 20ft, very level.

Sign me up for the Behind the Scenes of the Steinhart and the tour in general. My house is near TeacherMark's tank. If I remember it's at Lincoln Elementary. So if the group is coming down here I would be happy to let some guys invade my house since I'm only like 5 minutes away from teachermark's tank.

OK - so far we have 11 for the tank tour and 13 for the Steinhart tour. ( only 2 more spots) then I can begin to work out the logistics.

APON (me - Arnold showing tank 120g)
Sparkss ( 2 people Tom and Wife viewers)
Teachermark ( Mark -viewer)
Raddogz (Eileen - Showing Tank 58g)
SFSUPHYSICS (Mike - Showing Tank 100g)
Entacmaea (Peter - Showing Steinhart tanks)
Andyman (Andy & Wife - viewers unless he cleans his tank)
cwolfus (????whats you real name? - Viewer)
jun41 (???? Whats your real name? - Viewer)
bigbones ( Patrick and Anita - Steinhart only)

I am thinking about starting at Mike's Place at like 11am,
then at 12pm we can stop somewhere for lunch,
1pm at Eileens
2pm at my place
3pm at Steinhart $7 for regular exhibits
4pm at Steinhart behind the scenes tour
5pm done! (if there is extra time in between my place and Steinhart we can stop in some stores if you want. They just opened a nice new saltwar only store in the Marina, but I live within 5 minutes of Lucky Ocean)

It would be great if people can car pool. I can take 4 people and there is parking in my place. I live by USF. Please let me know if this works out for people.

Back