Neptune Aquatics

SF tank tour? March 11th?

I'm busy until 1pm, but I'd like to join up with everybody at 2pm at Arnold's. Count me in if that works!

Arnold, can I be one of the 4 in your car?

Hey everyone, looking forward to seeing you at the Steinhart on the 11th.
Sorry I will miss the tank tour this time around, but hope to see all your tanks at some point soon! Apon, sorry I haven't responded until now, I only received notification of your most recent PM for some reason.

I'm also trying to set up a hand feeding of the 150lb giant sea bass and moray eels : ) Can't promise anything, but I'll try. We'll have to split the group up if my buddy is available to feed them.

As Apon suggested, let's meet in the lobby at the Academy at 4:00. You don't have to enter the aquarium prior to that and pay the $7, but it might be nice to see the actual tanks so you know what the 15 foot skimmers are working on! There are also some pretty cool tanks and exhibits. The Penguins are fed daily at 3:30.

Thanks to Apon for organizing this!

Best, Peter

Would somebody be able to do a small write up on this and maybe get some pictures so we can post here and maybe note it on the main web site too?

Dave, I can bring a camera, but I am not the best at taking pictures.....maybe Norm?

Dave you are more than welcome to come!

I'll try to remember to take some pictures, maybe have a few people taking pictures whether for official or recreational purposes then dave can pick some choice ones :)

Also nice about meeting in the lobby for one, don't need to pay $7, I've seen their tanks enough (I lub the first wednesday of the month..... until I had my schedule changed to work all day *pout*) and most of all parking around there isn't the easiest of things to do unless you're willing to fork over parking garage money at the metreon parking.

yes the 3pm steinhart viewing regular tanks is optional. Parking should be too bad on the Sat last time I checked, but who knows.

A little preview of the tour on Saturday:

Tune in to Channel 7 (ABC) tonight at 6 pm to watch a great story about our plans to grow corals for the new coral reef tank in Golden Gate Park. The story should include footage of Bart packing up corals in Hawaii, Seth and Laurie unpacking the corals here at Howard Street, and Chris talking about the new coral reef tank out at the park. The best news: this story is slated to air not just in San Francisco, but across the country. For those of you who miss it tonight, the story may be available on ABC’s web site tomorrow (http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/).

Back