Our mission

SF Tank Tour photos - 03-03-2007 (Picture intensive, dialup stay away!)

Now these aren't up to the Art quality of photos, just something I took to seem like I was doing something productive on the tour :)

I didn't go to the Steinhart part, so someone else will have to post those, and well I didn't want to seem arrogant and take pictures of my own tank, so someone else will have to post pictures of that, unless people really want to see it then I'll snap a few of similar quality (ie just point and click with nothing special). All descriptions come from memory, so might screw up on some.

This tank is a 120 gallon tank (4x2x2 feet), it's lit by two 250watt bulbs, on the left is a phoenix 14k in pendant, on the right a 12k reeflux in a mini-luminarc, you probably can't tell by the photo, but there really is a night & day difference in brightness, winner = reeflux.

Side-View of the tank

This is a quaratine tank of sorts, simply a little 58g tank, but all corals and stuff go in here first before going into the "main tank", I really like this idea, and almost wish I had the deisre to set up another tank, a nice QT tank that's a semi-show tank. A single phoenix in a pendant hangs over this.

The next tank was a 29 gallon tank that was very much "grown in" in that there's not much room for everything else. There were an assortment of corals in there from leathers, to acans to SPS, everything you could think of. Over the top of it was a 150w 20k bulb.

Here are a couple top shots of the tank, there are some nice specimins in here that made me a bit jealous.

Here's another tank, also a 120g like the first, but this one is made of acrylic, the tank looks packed (for good reason) but there apparently is a rack system behindit to keep it open for flow, the tank has a couple pendants with 250w & pc bulbs, and a slim pendant with an HQI bulb in it (unsure of wattage), much like the first tank this one also had that new Vortec pump, very slim, very nice, very expensive too (bleh).

Another side

And another shot at this monster clam, it looks larger in person too!

And finally (unless I take pictures of my tank) is a nice 90(?) gallon tank, this tank was a recent (past few months) upgrade, so it's not completely set up yet, that and the owner recently got another frag in his life which takes priority over this tank (cute girl btw). The tank looked to be soft dominate, and was lit with a series of 4 -54 watt t5 bulbs.

And the other side, that toadstool puts Fred to shame! Also you can see one of those new Koralis pumps in action, this is a #3 model.

Try to make your pics a little bit smaller man. You have to scroll all the way down to scroll across :- ..

Very nice pics though.. ;D

I thought about using the thumbnail option at imageshack but by clicking on those it goes to imageshack's site and has banner ads and the like.

This size would be good enough :D .. Yeah you can post thumbnail too if you want.
redmacro1to3.jpg

Or you can cheat.. Copy the second one (Thumbnail for forums (1)) and replace the link with the last one (Direct link to image) .. That way when you click on it, it just open up a picture and nothing else :D ..

nice pics Mike, - you got the lighting wrong on my tank - its 2x 175 mh 10k pendats and the 250 HQI 20k in the middle. :) POst pics of your own tank...you have great color on your sps.

Wow nice pictures, I don't think I did much better =)

After I had to leave on Saturday, I haven't stopped working. I worked until 3am saturday night, then I worked over 12 hours yesterday =P So my pictures will be coming a little later, sorry =(

I have pictures of the steinhart trip that I will put up shortly

Steinhart Tour:

The three stooges... kenzo's high...

Our great guide, David:

Holding tanks

Huge clam:

First tank on the tour (steinhart's):

second tank: well, I was eating so much good food and we had to leave so I didn't have time to snap some shots, but that just means I have to go visit eileen again.

Third tank , Mark's tank:

Fourth Tank, Arnold's 120 gallon (these are colossus ocellaris species, and giganta xenia):

Arnold's small tank (lots of pix, with some people too):

Wonder if I can fit this in my car...

Charles' 70g:

that's all folks! Just spent an hour uploading the pictures from my memory card, resizing them down, and then typing them into the forum, then linking each one to the larger version... oi there's gotta be an easier way.

;D LOL!

Art's photography skills just cracks me up. Art do you remember what I said when I saw you taking some of those close pics, at Arnold's tank, and the camera was at your hip level - you weren't even looking through your camera. And I said, "they'll probably come out great".

Did I call it - or what.

[quote author=Skorpinok link=topic=1788.msg17302#msg17302 date=1173680730]
;D LOL!

Art's photography skills just cracks me up. Art do you remember what I said when I saw you taking some of those close pics, at Arnold's tank, and the camera was at your hip level - you weren't even looking through your camera. And I said, "they'll probably come out great".

Did I call it - or what.
[/quote]

haha, sometimes the shots you don't even look through are your best photos. =)

if you look at the OT Showcase thread though... those two shots out of 200+ that I picked to post took me at least 15 minutes each =P

Back