Our mission

sfboarders first tank 100 gallon

xcaret said:
Good work, like the stepping stones !!

Just keep an eye on the Heniochus, seems the long finned ones like to munch on coral at times

Thanks guys!

Well I came home from a short vacation and my brain coral got nipped at. It's time for the heni and flame to find new homes. :(

It's been some time since I've updated this thread so I guess I'll give an update. I caught the heniochus and did a BIG water change and left the tank high and dry to catch the flame and coral beauty. Heni was my favorite fish and I'd rather keep the corals for color. I've added a bunch of new sps and lps. My tank is already crowded. 1 more thing to add and I'm good.

Also my levels are starting to get lower now so I've been manually dosing everyday. A Bubble Magus will be on order soon. I also bought the SL2 and pH probe for my RKL so I can monitor my pH and gives me an idea at what my alk is at. Another thing I bought awhile back is a pair of MP40ES. I'm running them in NTM.

That's it for now. Thanks!

Some pics of what I've added. More to come and FTS after I clean my tank. :)

Attached files /attachments/sites/default/files/IMG_0003.JPG /attachments/sites/default/files/IMG_0014.JPG /attachments/sites/default/files/IMG_0018.JPG /attachments/sites/default/files/IMG_0034.JPG /attachments/sites/default/files/IMG_0051.JPG /attachments/sites/default/files/IMG_0054.JPG /attachments/sites/default/files/IMG_3199.JPG

Keep an eye on the elegance, it's showing signs of elegance coral disease, if it starts to crash, ditch it before it fouls the tank. Otherwise, looking good!

tuberider said:
Keep an eye on the elegance, it's showing signs of elegance coral disease, if it starts to crash, ditch it before it fouls the tank. Otherwise, looking good!

That pic was taken 30 minutes after I acclimated him to the tank and he opened up. He looks better now.

tuberider said:
the body puffs up and the tentacles shrink.
The tentacles also loose their stickiness. Then the body lifts off the skeleton

An update to my tank....

I ditched the RKL for an Apex. Many more features especially the WXM for the Vortech pumps. I have 2 frag racks in the tank. Bunch of DBTC and swap stuff. I had a frag tank downstairs but shut it down so I can cut some money on the PG&E bill. :) Also picked up one of Chris's $100 at Aquatic Central. I feed it PE Mysis at night when I feed my sun coral. Went to the other AC (Aquatic Collection) and picked up some Florida Ricordea from Karson and Joe. Killer deal on those too! Also bought 2 mini max carpet anemone's. Love these guys! If I had more room I'd get more.

I've got a good amount of SPS now. Picked up some frags from BAR members. But I'll wait til they grow out more before I take pics. :)

Attached files /attachments/sites/default/files/fish_tank (1).JPG /attachments/sites/default/files/fish_tank (10).JPG /attachments/sites/default/files/fish_tank (11).JPG /attachments/sites/default/files/fish_tank (12).JPG /attachments/sites/default/files/fish_tank (2).JPG /attachments/sites/default/files/fish_tank (3).JPG /attachments/sites/default/files/fish_tank (4).JPG /attachments/sites/default/files/fish_tank (5).JPG /attachments/sites/default/files/fish_tank (6).JPG /attachments/sites/default/files/fish_tank (7).JPG /attachments/sites/default/files/fish_tank (8).JPG /attachments/sites/default/files/fish_tank (9).JPG

Haven't updated this for awhile. I've added more coral to my tank and gotten rid of the blue hippo. My mandarin died also so I replaced them with 3 pajama cardinals. I plan on getting some wrasses in the future.

But here's my major upgrade to my tank. Since I have a good amount of SPS now I decided to switch out my T5's for 250 MH. This is what I have:

lumatek 250-400W ballast w/radium 250's
lumernarc mini's
reefbrite 50/50's
reefbrite actinics

Purchased all of the above from Aquatic Collection w/ the exception of the lumenarcs who I purchased from hooked.

Below are some pics of the frame I created out of aluminum angle and tubing. The reflectors can slide in case I need to move them. They will be adjusted vertically using SLS Sun Lifts. I have some EMT tubing that I will be using for the hangars.

Also made a screen for acclimation. Once I am done acclimating I'll remove the screen and use 1/4" netting so the wrasses won't jump out.

frame.JPG

50/50's and actinics RB's only.
leds.JPG

RB's and 250 Radiums.
all.JPG

Added new fish to the tank. Added some lyretail anthias, pj, cardinals, mccorsker wrasse, blue chromis, and mystery wrasse.

As far as equipment I've added a new reactor for ecobak pellets and taking my sweet time with the MH.

Tank is doing well. Freaking plating monti's are growing out of control so I've lowered them. Had red bugs also and killed those b@stards with the "pill." Acros look better except one maricultured acro I bought from AC turned brown and lost it's PE. :(

Attached files /attachments/sites/default/files/chromis.jpg /attachments/sites/default/files/lyretail.jpg /attachments/sites/default/files/mccorsker.jpg /attachments/sites/default/files/pj.jpg

Back