Our mission

Sfork's 33.6 Gallon Mr. Aqua Rimless

Looking very nice. I would move all the cables/wires to the back tough.
That's the reason I always get a black/blue back on the tank to hide the hideous cables.

Yeah haha everything's still kind of temporary as I slowly move livestock from the old tank to the new tank. Speaking of moving, I got this guy at Green Marine a few weeks ago and finally moved him into the new display. It has a lot of nice colors :) and went from 2 mouths to 4 1/2.

DSCF1726.JPG

DSCF1727.JPG

Hey, is that a mangrove tree growing in the middle of that rock??
Cool.
Being someone who also deviates outside normal filtration methods, hope it works.

Assuming you don't like the normal blue-background look, an alternative
is to paint a thin board the same color as the wall paint, and hang it on the back.
Gives the illusion of a totally clear tank, but still hides the ugly pipes and wires.

That's an option too. Right now all my pipes are painted a flat black so it looks not so bad, and all the wires will be tied to the back side of the light hanger. I'm sure once the tank is a bit older I'll get tired of cleaning any salt crust that finds it's way back there.

Here's a new shot of the tank with some sunset in the background. Finally got my MP20 in there, but sadly my 200W heater does not fit anywhere in the small sump! So for now it's stuck in the display, I have two 100w that I will probably string to the same outlet on my reefangel so that they can go in the sump instead of the display. Also I'm slowly starting to super glue all the frags on the sand onto the rock work.

DSCF1769.JPG

Made the drive down to neptunes today and got three new additions to the tank today. A tail spot blenny, 1 nice australomussa and 1 rescue australomussa.

DSCF1792.JPG

Rescue:
DSCF1791.JPG

Finally put my BTA in the new tank. It keeps trying to move at night so when the lights go out i have to throw a net over it. If it doesn't stick after a week i'll relocate it.
DSCF1804.JPG

A little of both. the skin was getting torn off even by my very low flow on the left side. The majority of the left side of that picture is gone now (where there were no whole mouths), on the right however, It is starting to brown up.

My night time corals.
DSCF1819.JPG

The mini colony on the right is actually mounted on top some kind of clam.

The two on the left; I actually glued them together for a year after I found them left-for-dead in the same live rock bin at a lfs.
DSCF1015.JPG

(1 year ago)

DSCF1343.JPG

(after 2 weeks of forced feedings every other day)

I figured they were from the same colony, but after they've recovered for a year I can see that they are actually dissimilar in a few ways and were probably fighting with each other, which would probably explain why there were never new heads.

Got this guy at baymac. (lol at the snail photobomb)
DSCF1866.JPG

Also a growth comparison.
Got this guy last year at BayMAC:
IMG_0010.JPG

This year's Baymac it looks like this:
DSCF1855.JPG

Need help with some ID, I can only guess a Millie or A. prostrata. Either way it's the fastest growing sps in my tank, I notice new growth on a daily basis.

DSCF1874.JPG

Sfork said:
My night time corals.
DSCF1819.JPG

The mini colony on the right is actually mounted on top some kind of clam.

The two on the left; I actually glued them together for a year after I found them left-for-dead in the same live rock bin at a lfs.
DSCF1015.JPG

(1 year ago)

DSCF1343.JPG

(after 2 weeks of forced feedings every other day)

I figured they were from the same colony, but after they've recovered for a year I can see that they are actually dissimilar in a few ways and were probably fighting with each other, which would probably explain why there were never new heads.
WHat kind of food did you force feed?

I force fed PE mysis with a pointy chopstick. This was a really last ditch type thing, they were completely out of tentacles and had nothing they could grab food with. I did injure one of the heads while doing this and it took 4 times as long to recover.

Back