Neptune Aquatics

Sfork's First Salt tank!

Mini carpet nem and sexy shrimp host.

DSCF1107.JPG

Yasha Goby and pistol shrimp decided to use one of my rics to cover their hole.

DSCF1114.JPG

Got the float switches from Jesse the other day. This will be for my aqua lifter powered ATO.

Made a Float switch mount + snail guard out of some left over acrylic, 50 cents worth of pvc pipe, zip ties, a candle(i didn't have a heat gun or a butane lighter) and a dermel tool for the holes

Basically just heated up the acrylic and when it was flexible enough wrapped it around the edge and then cooled it off with water

DSCF1152.JPG

DSCF1153.JPG

DSCF1151.JPG

DSCF1154.JPG

The ATO will have it's own GFCI that I have laying around even though there is already 1 on my tank (my tank is wired into my computers UPS and after the UPS there's another GFCI for the tank)

Well I got my white LEDs from deal extreme, I got 2 extras for my fuge and a cheapo voltage reg that can barely handle 1. So the 2 are under driven. Still waiting for my meanwell drivers so i can do my main one.

the heat-sink was an Intel i7 920 stock heat-sink without fan

DSCF1162.JPG

Here's the reg wired in with shrink wrap.
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.13557

DSCF1163.JPG

font side. This is temp until i get my led adhesive so don't freak out, but the copper part has Thermal Paste, and the aluminum side is super glue. 70% of the star is over copper + they are under driven.

DSCF1169.JPG

This is the best picture I could get. ALL my room lights are on

The power supply is a 12vdc 1A wall wart.

Well I was testing my new light in the dark when I noticed my night feeders weren't hungry.

Investigating I noticed this:

DSCF1171.JPG

My ric tried to move from it's loose rock rubble i had it in... pushed the original rock off the ledge... and never let go.

Introducing my new Pico Reef!

DSCF1172.JPG

lol jk, each piece has some sticky foot under it so we'll see if these tiny things form mouths.

DSCF1173.JPG

I didnt know if rubber bands were safe so i cut the bottom off the glove I was using

As I finish writing this post, the piece of the ric left on the rock has already formed a circle, Sadly the long piece stung the crap out of my duncan.

IMO/IME you're going to need to protect the bottom of the float valve. A lone snail you missed that made it into your sump will find a new home in there and keep the ATO up making it keep the ATO in the off state...

Progressing slowly, everything's wired up I seem to have an open between my Q5 meanwell and my dimmer project box I'm not sure where, I'll just re-do the whole line tomorrow.

DSCF1204.JPG

DSCF1208.JPG

DSCF1209.JPG

My clowns had no interest in the gbta i got from melly-mel so I gave them a pot with plans to slowly move it near the bta. The future(or current?) female quickly took over the pot. Earlier this week I found a nice gbta for $25 at AC, so after an impulse buy I dropped it in their flower pot. The smaller male found it and kicked the female out of the pot. It took another 2 days before the female got up the courage to touch the GBTA.

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0151.JPG

IMG_0026.JPG

one word: WOW. Just read your stuff. I've been reading your stuff on NR also haha. that zoa frag you have on that frag tile is mine!!! haha. it's Purple Fission if you wanted to know the ID of it hehe. I'm really jealous of your yasha/pistol pair. my yasha died one week after i got it. nice ric collection mine was fried in my pico when my heater went crazy and overheated and killed everything. nice BTAs too!

So the green nem got stuck in the filter intake

DSCF1235.JPG

DSCF1241.JPG

DSCF1255.JPG

the frags are too small to host...sooooo new addition

DSCF1289.JPG

Also before i put it in I just wanted to see if i could pull the flower pot out without the clowns noticing.

DSCF1285.JPG

Also A frag I bought 2 weeks ago is encrusting under LEDs

DSCF1297.JPG

I got a AquaticLife Internal Mini Protein Skimmer 115 a few weeks ago but it wouldn't fit in my tank. Since I've gone LED I removed my top so it fits now after removing a bit of trim. It works pretty good and after a week i'm getting some dark skim. It still produces a lot of micro bubbles so hopefully that improves.

Update on my starving dendros/suncorals:

DSCF1343.JPG

They're actually 2 separate frags glued together, the back ones started doing this stupid thing where they extend their body but not their tentacles. I have to poke them with my long tweezers so they retract and when they come back out an hour later their tentacles are extended. other than that you can see they're starting to put some skin back on their skeleton.

to compare this is how I got them:
DSCF1015.JPG

2 weeks after I got them:
DSCF1055.JPG

does the pot prevent the anenome from moving?

and using old CPU heatsinks, why didn't I think of that?! I have a few haha did you end up using your intel heatsink LED's for the fuge, or moonlight, or pico frag tank :p ?

Thanks mitch, The anemone frags are doing OK, I had to learn the hard way that the slits in the basket were too big, I lost one that tried to slide through. For experimenting sake i kept a small frag of BTA that had some tentacles, guts, and foot about the size of a pencil eraser. It's doing surprisingly well, it was actually attached to the side of the basket this morning.

Jimmy, the pot seems to keep the anemone happy. It keeps the light away from the foot and gives it somewhere to retract at night + the clowns like getting between the pot and the anemone. What happened with the first one was it was too small to fully extend outside the pot so it went moving and got stuck(I shoulda known something was up when it started doing 360's in the pot). I ended up using the LED's for a fuge, but I bought an extra royal blue LED in case I want to use it for a Pico/QT in the future. Since I have it in the back of a BioCube 29 and it's runs on the night cycle, it leaks through the fish guard and also acts as a cool white moonlight for my display area.

Newest addition to the tank picked up at green marine thursday:

DSCF1376.JPG

DSCF1379.JPG

It does change from a light blue to a purple when viewed from the top vs the side.

Back