Neptune Aquatics

Shoppin' Time! :P

Well tomorrow my dad will be taking me to Aquarium Concepts since I like their GBTA so much. On Saturday I'm going to plan out a day of shopping for us! I don't know which LFS are good to go to, though. Here's a list of where I've been...

All About Fish
Aquarium Concepts
Ocean Treasures
Aquarium Showroom

Wow... short list... Anywho, what are some good LFS to go to? I'm looking for some place that often has large GBTA like 10"+. I'm looking for good prices, too. My clownfish really love the ones from AC. They just like big, fluffy, deep anemones to sleep in and every time I go to AC they have ones like that... so I get them and they do great! :bigsmile:
What are some suggestions? I'm looking for large anemones, as I said, and not really RBTA. Even though they are very pretty, I find GBTA to be bigger and a lot less expensive. If you're a sponsor just tell me if you have any large GBTA in and gimmie a price. I may stop by on Saturday! I'm looking for stores that are in the east bay, in SF, or around the Haywardish area. If you have a suggestion LMK! Thanks! :bigsmile:

I dropped by a bunch of East Bay and San Jose stores last week. Here are their names, hours of operation on the weekend... and the most practical order (for me).

Aquatic Gallery 1370 Minnis Cir, Milpitas, CA 95035 11AM Sat. 12PM Sun.
Neptune’s 1752 Houret Court, Milpitas, CA 12PM Sat. 12PM Sun.
Blue Ocean Aquarium 2673 Croply Ave San Jose 12PM Sat. 12PM Sun.
Aquarium Showroom 2137 South 10th Street, San Jose, CA 11AM Sat. 11AM Sun.
Dolphin Pet Village 1770 West Campbell Avenue, Campbell 10AM Sat. 10AM Sun.
Ultimate Aquarium 2625 South El Camino Real, San Mateo 10AM Sat. 10AM Sun.
Aquatic Collection 1212 West Winton Avenue, Hayward 12PM Sat. 12PM Sun.

A_Lee said:
Ocean Treasures is my favorite LFS in SF.
They have BTA's frequently, from what I see.

They had BTA when I was there, but they were like 5" or so and wild caught. I want some healthy, 8"+ ones.

Check out Aquatic Collection if you're looking for 'nems. Saw the largest carpet that I've seen in person.

Big red
big%20red.jpg

Sunburst
sunburst.jpg

I saw that carpet as well when I went LFS shopping. It was the biggest carpet I've seen and looked healthy. I would definatly go to Neptune, I wouldn't suggest ultimate aquarium.

Roc said:
green marine has nice nems.

I went there and got a big GBTA... It was home to about 20+ Clarkiis... They got angry and wouldn't leave their nem. They had to be pulled out, but now the nem is acclimating in my room. :D

Euphyllia said:
Roc said:
green marine has nice nems.

I went there and got a big GBTA... It was home to about 20+ Clarkiis... They got angry and wouldn't leave their nem. They had to be pulled out, but now the nem is acclimating in my room. :D

musta just missed you, i was there earlier and saw that huge nem

Well it's on a huge rock! The rock's at least 1ft x 1ft! I had to completely change my rock structure just to get it to fit and now my tank looks weird and coolish... My clownfish absolutely hate the new rock structure but I had to move my 10" GBTA around to fit the new one in. The new one looks like it is about 12".I'll post picture tomorrow because all of my anemones (except my messed up RBTA... the one with the crappy looking tentacles) are closed up... so is my prized mother colony of eagle eye zoas. I had to move 2 of my favorite GBTA and my absolute favorite 14" GBTA is pooping... so basically the clowns can swim through the entire tank without having to leave an anemone. :bigsmile:
On the way home from getting it I hadn't had fast food in 3 hours so I was like "Let's go to McDonald's, daddy!" so I was looking at the menu there and their new item "Big Tasty" was the #4, but the T was scratched and it looked exactly like Big Nasty! :party:

Gomer said:
Euphyllia is running 2x55watt PC (standard with RSM)
Jim was running 250 ME SE. Not sure of the bulbs.

LIAR!!!

Sorry, I thought I was in Congress for a moment :)

250 MH SE I suspect :p

Back