Reef nutrition

Should I go for a 40 gallon breeder?

I came across the oppurtunity today to grab a brand new 40 gallon breeder. This one has no center brace so it was very attractive to me. These tanks are on sale for about $70 down from $140. I was thinking maybe grabbing it and do a 40g DT and a 20g or 20g long sump.

Thoughts? Good price?

IUBFs5Gl.jpg

Coral reefer said:
Yes, your tank is full already. I think they go on sale for $40 sometimes even. $70 isn't bad tho

$40 would be SO much better. More wiggle room for lights, equipment and such. I will have to keep an eye out. I keep picking up frags and the pico is getting full quick! :)

Having the pico will keep scratching my itch for reefing while building a stellar new system... Decisions....

I have a brand new 40B for sale if you want it. The original plan was to set up a bigger tank and using the 40b for sump. Plan changed. $45 if you want it. Pick up in SSF. I bought it at petco for $40 + tax.

bee505 said:
I have a brand new 40B for sale if you want it. The original plan was to set up a bigger tank and using the 40b for sump. Plan changed. $45 if you want it. Pick up in SSF. I bought it at petco for $40 + tax.

Let me confirm with the ole lady! Does it have a center brace?

I have a 40b running for 7 months now, you can take a look at my tank thread.

http://www.bareefers.org/home/node/15719

I think ill post some updates this weekend after i do some serious cleaning.

I had one. Very nice dimensions as it's got the footprint of a 60, but is short.

I had built a stand and canopy for mine. Then ... I cracked the glass! So I sold it to someone for like $20 to use as a reptile tank, and spent $300 on an Oceanic 58g (same footprint) with overflow.

I cracked the glass when I turned it on its side to drill for an overflow. Stupid move, I was not happy.

tr1gger said:
bee505 said:

Let me confirm with the ole lady! Does it have a center brace?

Nah, it doesn't have a center brace and shouldn't need it. It's shallow enough to where it doesn't need a center brace.

If you could be patient for a few months, my 90 will be up for sale as soon as all the fish are transfered to the 210. :) Canopy, stand, sump, live sand, possibly some LR. :D

Go big or go home. ;D lol, jkjk!

Thanks everyone for the input. I think we are planning on building this out as a peninsula on a new computer desk. Meaning the stand will actually be wall to wall with my rig and screens on the left and the ole ladies stuff on the right. Still have to get some ducks in a row, but, that's the plan!

Back