Show of Interest for VIP Reef Rock Flower Anenome's thru Aquatic Collections in Hayard

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by Geneva, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Geneva

Geneva Supporting Member

Hi Folks - did you miss out on the last group buy for these gems or want more?!

Just looking for show-of-interest and working with a LFS.

I'm not sure we can get half off so assume some discount off full price of $40, $60, and $80. (Please see previous group buy thread for specifics).

The difference from this group buy is we would go through one of our club sponsors, Aquatic Collection, who is looking into this for me. I'd like to tell them approximately how many anenomes our club would buy to help in their decision. So please just post below how many you want using prices above - knowing there will be a discount.

I'd also like your opinion on whether you liked the way the corals were distributed (random drawing) the last time? Any other suggestions? Joe definitely didn't want us fighting over them! Thanks!

2. nly04

nly04 Guest

Aquatic Collection is great place to buy coral, fish and others reef stuff. Staff is very nice, too.

Last GB we got 50% off. If we have 30% off for this GB it will be awesome, too.
    About the corals random distribute, different people have difference taste. On the last GB I got four (2 of the $60/ea and 2 of the $80/ea), I only like two, the other two are small (not event an inch still now) and not what I like. I will buy four more for sure but at least I can select half and the other half is random. Just my 2cent, happy reefing.

3. brleong

brleong Supporting Member

I'd be interested in this go around of the group buy :)

4. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

That my friend is one of the downsides to doing a "group buy", sometimes things are not up to the level of what you wanted. I think the last one was pretty obvious that no one was getting any "specific" ones, you simply got a "grade" of anemone for a particular price point. If you want a specific item, you need to pay full price and order that specifically :)

5. Ahruk

Ahruk Guest

I want one and I believe ender wants one as well.

6. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

Yup im also interested

7. Geneva

Geneva Supporting Member

Anyone else interested? Just 4 folks so far.....

8. I'm interested. Is AC going to purchase and display them so we have some element of selection?

Justin (San Francisco),
    sent from tapatalk

9. Jonny Lam

Jonny Lam Guest

Depends on colors and final pricing. I'm pretty down though!

10. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

Any news from Aquatic Collections? How many people do we need to get this going?

11. Geneva

Geneva Supporting Member

No response from AC yet - I'll check but I don't think we have enough interest at this point.

12. Jonny Lam

Jonny Lam Guest

how many people need to be interested? What if we buy 2-3 of them?