Kessil

Shu Tin

I visited with her over the weekend to pick up a few nems and corals. She was sad to breakdown the tanks, but felt it was time. Thankfully her son is taking up the hobby and will house many of her corals. We were fortunate to have her speak at the club with the loss of her husband only a few months prior. She will be sorely missed in the hobby.

I'm more sad about the tank itself, corals grow and given enough time/space/husbandry skill they'll get super large. IIRC it was built into the house at the location, I seem to recall seeing a breakdown of the construction a long time ago (of course I could be thinking of another tank).

Of course I'm sure she'll be saving a ton of money now and drop out of the 1% of top energy users in California.

Sorry to see her go but I saw it coming when we were having our discussions about how things were going with her when I helped her out with her presentation at our place. However, I think she'll do better as time goes on and I'm glad I got a rainbow BTA from her... it looks awesome.

Back