Shuttle service

Discussion in 'Wouldn't it be good if...?' started by Kensington Reefer, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Kensington Reefer

Kensington Reefer Supporting Member

Wouldn't it be great if there was a supporting member (or service) that would bring me a tank from San Jose up to Kensington. Scuzy has a tank that I want but am not going to go get and he can't deliver. So, if there is anyone that can bring me the tank ( 72x36) and stand I'll compensate with some form of reef creature.
    Scuzy, my apologies in advance for not mentioning this earlier, but the idea just came to mind.

2. ashburn2k

ashburn2k Supporting Member

I can, what size is the tank? i'd have to measure the car to see if it will fit. i'm going to santa cruz this weekend and might bring it up for you.

3. Bruce Spiegelman

Bruce Spiegelman Supporting Member

Then they could pick up the two tanks I have for you in my car at the same time!

4. Kensington Reefer

5. scuzy

scuzy Supporting Member

It probably won't fit in a car but a child molester van would work :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

L/B Block likes this.
  6. ashburn2k

oh shit yes, this wont even fit my car, but maybe roof rack lol. but even with a borrowed LX 470 it wont fit in the back with back seats fold down. that tank is just too damn long.

7. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

I can say for a fact that a 3 foot wide aquarium will not fit in a Toyota Prius simply due to the way the bottom of the hatchback flares inward... I say this because I remember driving on the freeway with a 4' x 3' x 2' aquarium partially sticking out the back of my car with rope holding the hatchback partially down (still about 2 feet higher than the roof) one early morning many years ago :D
    That said, I did manage to get a Jacuzzi tub in the back of that car perfectly fine :)

8. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

You really know how to spoil your fish :)

9. Mark B

Mark B Supporting Member

And you can swing by my place and pick up the halide bulbs?

10. ashburn2k

hey the light came with a working halide bulb, so I'm keeping on using this until I can find a better LED light, this thing is kicking my electricity bill to another level.

11. scuzy

scuzy Supporting Member

I have some rapid led onyx fixtures

12. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

My CUV is just shy 6" from fitting that tank lengthwise. Looking at the cargo dimensions of the LX470, it should be able to swallow that sucker up with the 2nd row seat folded down and the 3rd row removed. ;)

13. ashburn2k

meh i can't get the lx470, so just my regular SUV, last call on thursday before I head down santa cruz and collect everything and do my round trip back to San Pablo. just let me know who and where you need me to pickup/drop off.

14. Bruce Spiegelman

I need pick-ups in Vacaville and Elk Grove :) :) :)

15. Kensington Reefer

this just bumming me out...
    that tank and stand could solve several reefing issues
    bummer

Bruce, thanks for dropping those 2 tanks to me yesterday
    best fishes and happy reefing

16. ashburn2k

Rent a truck from homedepot ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Bruce Spiegelman

Or call a few guys that list pickup and delivery service on Craigslist. Or Taskrabbit.

Ashalye likes this.
  18. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

I've got a truck but no time. Plus @Kensington Reefer, you're so far away from me (1-1/2 hours). I have wanted to see your setup though.

19. scuzy

scuzy Supporting Member

Entice John with some nice frags Erin

20. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

I do have to go up to penngrove soon. We bought 1/2 a cow and that's where the butcher is.