Sigma 10-20

Discussion in 'Photography' started by A_Lee, Feb 7, 2010.

1. A_Lee

A_Lee Guest

This is one sweet piece of glass :)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 99sf

99sf Guest

Beautiful bridge photos! I love the one at twilight... wow.

3. A_Lee

A_Lee Guest

Thanks Cristi!!

4. zepplock

zepplock Guest

Sigma 10-20mm is great, here are some pics to counter A_Lee ;-)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More pics here

5. 99sf

99sf Guest

Zepplock, those are also amazing photos! I recognized the Castello winery.

6. sfboarders

sfboarders Guest

Those are some great pics!

7. revo

revo Guest

Man these are sweet. Was the Sigma your first choice? i am wanting a ultra wide.

8. zepplock

zepplock Guest

I was considering Nikon 12-24 (2x price of Sigma) and Tokina but after going through 100s of photos on pixelpeeper decided on Sigma.
    I think sigma has a new version with better F stop across the range.

9. mpoletti

mpoletti Guest

Very nice pictures. I'm ging to have to add this lens to my "one to watch for" list. Thanks for sharing :)

10. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

The Sigma is a great lens. I did a side by side test b/w the Sigma and the Nikon 12-24mm prior to the purchase. The Nikon has the fixed max aperture but IQ wise, the Sigma held its own.

I would have probably picked up the Sigma, but picked up the 12-24 for a great price from a friend instead.

11. Vincerama2

Vincerama2 Evil Overlord

Are you guys Nikon geeks? I was considering an upgrade to DSLR (from point and shoot). I have two so-so lenses from my Nikon F401x (film) so I had leaned towards Nikon, but several people at work have Canons. Actually, they all own Canon Xsi's, but one guy upgraded his Xsi to something better (also Canon).

V

12. zepplock

zepplock Guest

I have Nikon D90 and D50 and 5-6 lens for Nikon.
    If you think about nikon - just buy a body, D90 is a good choice, used D80/D60/D40/D50 is good too.
    You can always buy used cheap ("beginners") lens, I think I still have 18-55kit I could give you.

13. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Guest

Yeah I have the D80 and love it. I used to have an F100 and Tokina lenses.

14. drdoolittle

drdoolittle Guest

impressive, I might have to check this lens out. I have been looking for another lens. this would be perfect.

15. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

Kind of, I guess. Here's the partial list:

Nikon D2X
    Nikon D200
    Nikon 12-24mm f/4 AFS
    Nikon 17-55mm f/2.8 AFS
    Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8 AFS VR
    Nikon 300mm f/4 AFS
    Nikon 55mm f/3.5 micro
    Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 Adaptall
    Canon 20D
    Canon 28-70mm f/2.8
    Canon 70-200mm f/4 L

Don't even remember how to shoot Canon since it's really my bro's system. Prefer the Nikon system better myself.

16. Vincerama2

Vincerama2 Evil Overlord

Heh, the D90 body is $900. Pathetically when the Nikon 995 came out, I bought it at $900, but I was single then... I have a Canon powershot is850 point and shoot that out shoots that old 995 easily. I've been waiting for DSLRs to "settle in" to a groove to see what cameras are durable and proven. I loved my old point-and-shooty F401x SLR, but it's film and it got expensive.

V

17. zepplock

zepplock Guest

Vince, used D50 is like $200-$300 and D80 is $500-$600
    Should be a good "come back" to DSLR.

Of course Canon has a large array of good used and new gear. Just borrow canon/nikon and see what you like more.

18. arod2051

arod2051 Guest

Wow great pics in the first few posts. Are those composed with HDR techniques? I've been reading about that a little. And by 'a little' I mean the introduction to an HDR book.

I am really liking the Micro 4/3rd's set of cameras coming out. I like the fact that they are so discreet when taking pics versus my 'big' Canon XT.

I'm still waiting for a Panasonic GF1 or Olympus EPL1 that can capture 720P at 60FPS.