Cali Kid Corals

Site been slow lately?

Yeah slow for me this morning too. I tried adjusting a couple settings. Maybe that will help.

We have limited server resources so if a few people are doing something that's computationally heavy (like searches) then it can slow down for a bit.

AT&T is crap and they just put a cap on their usage. I have comcast and it's decent. Not sure what else is out there...

I prefer AT&T to comcast.. not because of the speed. AT&T has provided a reliable connection.
Comcast CANNOT boast that in any way shape or form in my neighborhood.

Comcast was slower than dial up 28.8 connection when I finally dumped them. They couldnt resolve the issue and kept blaming the issue on their brand new modem they just sold me.

Wating to hear what else is out there.

Site has been slow for me off and on as well.
And even at work, which has a REALLY good connection. > 200 Mbit.

--

I have been rather annoyed at my AT&T DSL at home as well. Considering comcast or uverse.

I had Comcast but ditched it for Astound (not available in all areas). Only reason why I went to Astound is because they have Fuel TV. 8) Astound has been good so far. A lil cheaper than Comcast but by not much.

Gonzo said:
AT&T is crap and they just put a cap on their usage. I have comcast and it's decent. Not sure what else is out there...
Remember those Senate hearings years back... with comcast trying defend their practice of bandwidth capping? Protecting the network blah blah blah. They still do it ;)

Ian, nope... it's Monkeybrains! :D

Very limited in scope of where you can get it, needs line of sight (think it uses microwave transmitters/receivers), however speeds supposedly are quite good, symmetric too, we'll see I'm supposed to have a guy come by a week and a half.

GreshamH said:
Gonzo said:
Remember those Senate hearings years back... with comcast trying defend their practice of bandwidth capping? Protecting the network blah blah blah. They still do it ;)

Bandwidth capping (which I believe Comcast does do) is just another way for them to circumvent any net neutrality. If you watch movies through their direct view, or whatever they call it, service then you use none of your bandwidth allocation, however if you use hulu, or netflix, or any other streaming service then the meter spins.

AT&T DSL IMO is too god damn slow for them to implement a bandwidth restriction, at least with this new place if I abuse it, they'll throttle my connection... down to 5Mbps (oh no!)

I'm in Brentwood, with a 35mbps connection... I loathed comcast after dealing with them in San Jose...

But I have to say, here in Brentwood they have been extremely reliable, and if I do have an outage they send someone out the next day...

If you wanna setup the server at my place and just remote in to fix it, let me know.

Back