Site looks different?

Discussion in 'Website' started by James Oh, Jul 19, 2018.

1. James Oh

James Oh Supporting Member

Am I crazy or does the site look different?? Also is there anyways to change profile names yet lol.

2. I don't do well with change......

3. Kensington Reefer

Kensington Reefer Supporting Member

Not even a heads up!!?

4. RandyC

RandyC Supporting Member

Change your theme to "Revo" to go back to the old version under "Preferences"

5. RandyC

RandyC Supporting Member

Anyone know why the default theme changed in the first place though?

6. Ibn

Ibn Guest

Really good question. A general heads up would have been nice.

7. insomniac2k2

insomniac2k2 Supporting Member

Ironically, the first thing i did when i started becoming active on this forum was change to 2.0 style. I guess I must like change...go figure.

8. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Eh, I figured it was a change in something... as long as buttons are in the same places and what not I don't mind a cosmetic difference :D I will say the change is really amplified because I zoom the screen in because there's more white space on either side of the message part than there is message part. I wish I could "stretch" to fit but baring that I'll just zoom to 130% or so and give me tired old eyes a break with larger fonts :D

Julius Chen likes this.
  9. tankguy

tankguy Supporting Member

Change is always good

insomniac2k2 likes this.
  10. Ranjib Dey

Ranjib Dey Guest

Sorry about the confusion. That was me, trying to address some site issues late last night. I was planning to send a communication today , but got caught up with other issues.
    You should be able to switch back to your prefferred theme (Revo) by clicking on the "Default Style" link on the left bottom.

I'll doing quite a few changes in coming days. This one in particular was done due to the links on the right side (About Bar, BOD page etc) not being accessible in old style. Our old webmaster, @denzil did a fantastic job maintaining and customizing BAR website for a long time, recently he had a baby and quiet busy with life, I am chipping in to address some of the unfinished work, the changes you'll notice are around that.
    I'll post a separate thread asap.

Coral reefer likes this.
  11. insomniac2k2

insomniac2k2 Supporting Member

Thank you for your time and effort.

12. James Oh

I dont mind the ange either just wondering if I was losing it. Also any word about profile name change?

13. Flagg37

Flagg37 Supporting Member

Changing your profile name requires one of the webmasters to manually change it. What is it you don’t like about it?

14. James Oh

Its my actual name haha. Not big deal honestly when I made my account I dont remember them asking for a display name and I guess it just used my real name.

15. Kensington Reefer

Kensington Reefer Supporting Member

I’m just pulling your pudd
    I’m thankful for all that is done to maintain our place in space

Best fishes and happy reefing to all y’all

16. jorahx4

jorahx4 Supporting Member

im going to go hide in a corner again!

17. BAYMAC

BAYMAC Guest

I have a vector version of the old bar logo your using, if you want it. I'll have to find it though :lol:

18. Julius Chen

Julius Chen Supporting Member

It would be better if texts can auto wrap to fit the screen size, while maintain the font size