Site Software Upgraded

Discussion in 'Website' started by pixelpixi, Jan 4, 2010.

1. pixelpixi

pixelpixi Guest

I upgraded the site's software to the latest versions to get security and bug fixes. It seemed to go pretty smoothly but let me know if something broke!

2. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

We're, or at least I am, getting threads doubled up on the front page. The BOD meeting announcement is doubled up for me as well.

3. pixelpixi

pixelpixi Guest

Weird! I'm not seeing that, but I'll look into it. Anyone else seeing this problem?

4. pixelpixi

pixelpixi Guest

PS, to verify... you mean that on this page: http://www.bareefers.org/home/ every entry appears twice in the Upcoming Events, Recent Posts, and Recent Sponsor Threads sections?

5. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

I'm getting the doubling of threads on any list, like the splash page above, and even New Posts when I click on that button. Not all get doubled though. Jim's recent response to his Green Marine thread doubled up for me just now on the New Posts.

6. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

Mac + firefox
    Mac + Safari

No double posting.

7. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

The splash screen "new posts" area just has this error in it and no threads:

warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: File exists in /home/bar/www/home/sites/all/modules/imagecache/imagecache.module on line 555.

8. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

PC + FF

9. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

That error message also just showed up on my FF as well. I'm not getting the double posting that Gresh is experiencing.

warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: File exists in /home/bar/www/home/sites/all/modules/imagecache/imagecache.module on line 555.

10. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

I tried to upload a small jpeg screen shot and it errored out every time. I then tried to post again and got this:

11. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

Probably a bug. Check the forums and you'll find that almost all are gone.
    However, if you check under individual's DBTC links, they are there but converted to another form

for example:
    DBTC-LPS is almost empty
    http://www.bareefers.org/home/forum/55

but my records are there
    http://www.bareefers.org/home/user/4/dbtc

but for example, the moonwalker exists as a non DBTC node
    http://www.bareefers.org/home/node/3776

I also am getting the following error at the "new message" header when I click on the link. It isn't always happening.

12. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

when I uploaded an image (successfully), it would append as a link and not an image.

13. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

if your talking to me, nope, still there :(

14. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

not you Gresh, the LED thread. Uploaded a couple pictures and had to manually re-edit the links into image tags.

15. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

16. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

I never ran into that mega error you did :( I have my own unique errors. Can you see full DBTC subforums? (ie click on the LPS DBTC subforum. Do you see 54 threads or do you see 8?)

17. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

LPS= 8 threads

I see all the sub forums I think (not sure how many there are but I see what I feel is enough of them)

18. screebo

screebo Guest

Hi Erin,
    I posted two new chains last night with pics for LPS, Duncans and Candy Cane. At least one had a reply from Orion and this AM they are both gone. I'm reposting the chains with new pics but the old chains went into limbo....
    I don't think it's anything that I did. :~

Curiouser and curiouser, now I'm not finding the "start a new chain" button...........

19. seminolecpa

seminolecpa Past President

The chains are still there. I think something must have go awry with the upgrade. I can still see them FWIW so they haven't disappeared completely.

20. screebo

screebo Guest

Can find a "new chain" button choice in DBTC forums? Not me :~
    Also, I'm not finding the two new DBTC LPS chains I started yesterday. Track me and you'll see.