Kessil

Slims 120G

So right now in I would say about a month actually less time my acan has devoleped 2 more heads on the side. This is a picture of when I first got him.
DSCF1395.jpg
My 2 color acro has sproted 2 more arms.
DSCF1393.jpg
My monti cap is much brighter and starting to shoot up more inside.
DSCF1392.jpg
These pictures are all when I first got them.
DSCF1390.jpg
I'm not sure how to adjust the white balance on this regular digital camera. But hope you enjoy the pics

Well i have the alge under control now, thanks to water changes/ mainly to siphon out the alge and a clean up crew, i have lots of nassarius snails and some cerths and some nerites. I just picked up 2 emerald crabs, they went to work right away. Plus I recieved 2 black and white Ocellarias Clowns, one has already started to become larger and they hang out with each other all the time, same with my 2 blue chromis its like u cant seperate the 4 lol. Now to just get some type of lps for them to host. :) next week is my Bday so I'm going coral shopping lol

I went thru the diatom on the sand bed and then the cyno on the sand bed had it under control added more flow stopped using flakes and pellets. But when I added more flow it just spread it all over the tank including the rock. I did the cutting the lights back to only being on for 3 hours a day. Then cut back on the feeding. Well I can say after a month it is gone :) yay for now.

The I did a stupid thing I bought a powder blue, which I saw eat healthy and I knew that he had been in someones tank for a week or more. So I thought it'll be fine no signs of ich should be good. Wrong :( I didn't have a qt setup that can house a tang. So unfortunately the tang passed away even though he was still eating great just couldn't pass. Well then I noticed the ich on my clowns now for the sad part I was setting up the qt tank and the next day I look into the tank. Didn't see one clown at all and to this day still haven't seen him. I think my pistol shrimp and snails got him when he was weak. Then I saw the snails munching away at the body of my other clown. So there goes that pair of my awsome already paired clowns. Then one of my chromis decided to get to close to the intake of one of my maxi so ya he's a gonner. So I onl have the watchmen and the one chromis.

So anyways the morale is to always qt fish u never know. Now on to corals. :) my red monti is doing great have nice growth starting on him. I have a green Millie that I broke a couple frags off on accident trying to do something. Well he has recovered and is now encrusting onto my rock so he likes it where he is. My trumpet is now showing signs of growth. My green balli slimer has two horns growing and he's encrusting the plug. My Duncan head is doing great. And I have a table acro which is doing good kinda slow grower. Then I have another fuzzy acro not sure the name. It's supposed to be green but after a month it's still tan color.

I also have a rainbow monti that doesn't have it's polys out alot I'm thinking to much flow or not enough light so I will post on the dmbc thread I participated in

Heres update pictures lol
Center look at the growth on the monti and my trumpet coral the bottom has turned into 3 heads the top one staying the same. You can see the watchmen but hes really protective of his shrimp so its hard to get pictures of him. But you can see him poking out right above the watchmen.
center.jpg

left side, amongst all that alge there is a green tabling acro lol. Dont know the damn just know its like forest green and cool looking.
LEFT.jpg

Now for the always cool looking FTS
FTS.jpg

Heres a video of my watchmen and alge blenney staring each other down.
http://s635.photobucket.com/albums/uu79/slim_jim989/?action=view&current=STAREDOWN.mp4

So its been awhile since I have updated this. I will take some pictures tomorrow after I clean it up and water change.
For the changes. I have some new grown on my coral and then I have had some die on me because of a ph drop that I didnt check for awhile my bad. But all is all and its all getting back to normal now.
I have removed 2 of my bulbs from my 8 bulb unit as I felt it was to much light at this stage and will replace with actinics at one point.
Some coraline growth but nothing major will be buying some good test kits soon so I can watch my ALK, CAL depletion and see if dosing is needed yet or just regular water changers are good enough.
I am battling some apatasia right now so im watching screebo's thread and trying different methods to get rid of them. I have red planaria right now which is red bugs :) in a since I have been turkey basting my rock every other day and so much is flying off on there its sad.
I have cut back on my feeding to help with cutting the left overs and soon getting rid of the population.
Untill picture time tomorrow and hopefully with new additions :)

Hey Jon,
Darn those aptasia! Looks like you have more than a couple. Man, they are like letting cockroaches in the house. Good luck with your eradication efforts. I'm going after more of mine today with individual kalk doses for each and every nem. Hang in there...........

Thanks there John I just picked up 2 peppermint shrimps from neptunes got the biggest they had. So we will see I will still get some pickling lime or kalk soon and then start purging my tank of apatasia that way.
By the way the rainbow monti I recieved from you is coming back alive and starting to color back up. I guess it was to soon in my tank but its doing good now. :)

Well to follow lots of pics :) and a new item.

DSCF2013.jpg

green trumpet/ candy cane
DSCF2012.jpg

brown with neon green trumpet
DSCF2008.jpg

watermelon zoas
DSCF2006.jpg

green zoas
DSCF2005.jpg

Duncan with lots of new heads :)
DSCF2007.jpg

freeby mushrooms lol
DSCF2009.jpg

Glaxia horrescenda (spelling is wrong haha) its branching galaxia for common name
DSCF2014.jpg

purple porite (spell) and some idaho grape monti on the back side
DSCF2011.jpg

one ball of frogspawn
DSCF2016.jpg

second ball of frogspawn
DSCF2015.jpg

my awsome acan bowerbonki
DSCF2022.jpg

DSCF2021.jpg

green slimer doesnt look happy in the picture but its coming around
DSCF2020.jpg