Cali Kid Corals

Slug ID- are these ok?

I've got a bunch of small slugs/ snails in my nano that i'm thinking of putting in my Display which has almost no inverts. Can anyone ID these or advise if they're safe? they're up to 3/8" long and have a shell which covers most of their body.

pic of 5 slugs & 1 bristleworm:

They look like stomatella snails. Unless I'm wrong they're perfectly fine and a good addition to the crew. I have several in my tank and I see babies all the time.

Also looks like stomatella to me. Did they detach the rear portion of their foot when you plucked them out? That was a little surprise for me on the first couple times. :)

Check out Dr. Shimek's article:
http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2004-05/rs/index.php

Shrimp also love them. I had a healthy colony of them in my 12g nano, then added some peppermint shrimp to eat the Aiptasia. The shrimp did quite well, but mostly ate Stomatella - now there are none.

bondolo said:
Wrasses think they are delicious. I used to have a good crew of these guys and they are now almost all gone.

Yup, I use to have a lot of them but I haven't seen any for awhile. I think my melanurus and mystery wrasse ate the them. :(

Back