High Tide Aquatics

Small and Branching SPSs

Hi,

I'm looking for some healthy / showy / unusual SPS frags and a couple of medium sized branching SPS for my 100 gallon tank. I'll raise them with the intention of putting them back into the DBTC program. I understand the purpose and responsibility that goes along with this request. Currently, I have some Acros that are growing like mad, a Chalice, a Hydno, a Purple Monti, a Yellow Turbinaria (I rescued and is coming back slowly) along with some other stonies, LPS, and Softies. If your interested, send me some photos and conditions / rules. My current tank is approaching 2 years old and is perfectly healthy. Some of what I have in there is from my other tank I had for apx 10 years before transferring them to this one.

You can check out some of my pics on our gallery:
http://www.bareefers.org/discussion/index.php?action=gallery;sa=myimages;u=5350

Equipment

I'm running 2 x 175w 20k Mh, Fired by PFO Pulse Start Magnetic Ballast (it's a beast)
2 x 110W URI Super Blue Actinics, Fired by Ice Cap's 660 Ballast
1 48" 59W T5 Super Blue Actinic (moon light)
Octopus 150NW Protein Skimmer,
40 gallon sump
10 gallon fuge,
TLF Phosban Reactor
1/4 H/P Chiller.

I only use R/O for WC and / or Distilled for top off (I make it myself). I make 5-10% WCs twice a week. I target feed Ocean Nutrition's Oyster Feast, Rotifers, EOS Phytoplankton, Mysis, Cyclopez, and Flake daily and rotate feeding routine daily. I check Trace Elements and water quality a few times a week (I don't like surprises)

The tank has apx a 5" DSB, apx 200 lbs of aged live rock and 8 fish 1 of which I've had 10 years:

Fish Family:

Yellow Tang
Anthias - Huchtii
Amphiprion Ocellaris
Amphiprion Frenatus
Blue Chromis
Blue Damsel
4 Stripe Damsel
Flame Angel, (hasn't eaten any of my stonies, but has mowed down my star polyps completely)

That's it (glad I did this exercise, so I have it all in one place now yea).

Let me know if you have any questions, concerns or corals you think I would be interested in.

Also
, I am interested in meeting "Tank Buddies (?)"at the meetings, so we can discuss caring for each others' tanks when we are on vacation or ill (that kind of stuff). I have someone very good and well trained by me when I travel, whose taken care of my tanks for years now, but you never know, people move and that kind of stuff. So I'm interested in meeting like minded persons. Word of caution: My wife is very particular (even more than I am) who she would consider; hopefully you are too.

Thank you reading this and the consideration,
Joel
Reef Keeper

DBTC works a bit differently then you have in mind :) No one makes direct requests, but rather donors and people paying back DBTC debt make posts of avaialbility. Then people posts into the thread to make requests on the offering. Tank journals are usually a requirement. Your post here has lotsof good info that you should put into your own tank journal thread

Feel free to start your own thread here:
http://www.bareefers.org/home/forum/8

Also, here is more info on DBTC
http://www.bareefers.org/home/node/13

Believe it or not there was a reason to not let people delete posts. In the case of a double post in becomes absurd but in other cases people were getting the answer to their question and then deleting all of their posts equating to the loss of some potentially valuable information. Unfortunately there is no way to distinguish one from the other so only mods can delete posts.

Hope that makes sense

deleting also can be hard on the database and back-ups. Most forums QT threads, or lock them with an explanation, rather then out right deletions. IMO just lock this thread so others can see later on and learn from it :)

It's good to have the "power." It's cool. Being new to the site, I'll know to be more careful. I know a thing or two about straining a D/B Back Up system. Thanks for the offer though. :0)

Back