Kessil

Small blue clove looking polyps...

[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=2100.msg21626#msg21626 date=1183025556]
Yikes...... I've been batttling these for many months now. They reach plague status quite quickly, or at least that has been my experience :( They came as a hitchiker!
[/quote]

I'll be the first to say I told you so :) I don't post things like this all willy nilly like.

Sure :) GSP tanks look great as well. No knocking that at all, but, if you want to keep other corals, definitley take head to what I said.

This is coming from some one that traded for mananjos like a decade ago :D Never did the aptasia trade as they where very well known at the time, but mananjos where fairly fresh on the scene.

Did you know that 20 polyps of these will get you into the RARE group at the Regional Swap in Sac??? ;D :D ;D ..

BAR is too cool. We give away too much RARE stuff ;D...

Those were the "Snowflake blue" polyps if memory serves.. now I don't know if these are it, they're so damn small I can't see if they look snowflake blue :D

Mine look like snowflakes...or atleast the one I saw in 1999...no the one I saw in 2001. Heck, it's like no two snowflakes are the same. I bet mine look like a snowflake somewhere. ;D

only 2nd Gen? Hell from the ones in my tank I have 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th generations all taken care of :D This thing is a true weed, but it looks so nice, grows low, doesn't appear to sting, so it won't out compete any other corals.

Oh, I gues your tank is sooooo much better than mine if it can grow out a "weed" faster. Is that what you are saying Mike? ;) I probably would have had more but the rock it was growing on was pushed off and landed in the sand while I was in Atlanta. Theses things do grow quickly but also die easily.

Well it is my soft tank, and I pretty much let that grow in a "wild" state. The most interesting things I found is this is not like GSP in that it grows outward and it's something you can physically stop, they some how get detached from the rocks, up in the water column and land elsewhere to start colonies growing. And yes my weeds grow better than yours :p Heheh.

If you had SPS in the tank I probably would yank the whole colony, my other tank however is fine, although if they landed on SPS might look like a new blue polyped version! :D

Sign me up for 2nd gen too please :) I plan on keeping this guy on an island surrounded by sand..hopefully that will help control it lol.

[quote author=Gomer link=topic=2100.msg34181#msg34181 date=1203353885]
Sign me up for 2nd gen too please :) I plan on keeping this guy on an island surrounded by sand..hopefully that will help control it lol.
[/quote]
IMO... it won't

They won't crawl on the sand, or slowly spread out, one day you'll see them on another piece of rock on the other side of the tank, maybe even growing on the glass! (I have some that do... although they're attached to the coraline)

Why are people so scared of these things? I have them growing right up to a colony of SPS and they've been losing and getting pushed back by the SPS. I have been able to easily keep these guys where I want them.

Your just lucky I guess. They tend to irratate polyps keeping them closed.

Back